Review by jokinyo -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Review by jokinyo -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

Post by jokinyo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Arrow That Flies By Day" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The arrow that flies by day is a fiction book by John Servant. It is a story about a tall well- built young man John Thaddeus. John was an orphan being taken care of by sister Frances a very prayerful nun from Paterson, who was his high school principal. He joined the marine in Afghanistan after high school. Football was everything he dreamed of since high school so he went for NFL try outs to make football his new family. Did his dream come true? Grab a copy of The arrow that flies by day to find out.

At the try out John amaized the coach, he becomes the best kicker, he was tough, accurate and had the strength. Despite being harased by Harvey he continues with his mission without distruction. Training was winding up and John had made 90% of his field goals, but he was cut because he had not gone to college . He starts working in a grocery but things turned well for him as during the third game of the season the place kicker sprained his ankle and John was called for try out to fill his place.

John meets Phil and they became friends, he also contacted sister to help with phils son as he was in a bad crowd and drugs was found in his room which turned out well as sister knew exactly what to do. John meets susan a highschool friend, they started going out but on the day john was to pick her for dinner death caught up with him as he was trying to save a woman whose car was being carjacked. I was not expecting that direction to this story but johns death afected everyone, but atleast he died a hero having given his team a win and trying to save a womans car from a man trying to carjack her car.

I loved how the author introduces his characters, he was very detailed that could create an imagination of how the character realy looked like. He also gives details of the matches that makes one understand what is really happening in the field. I would definitely like to read more of John Servants books because this kind of art got my attention.

The arrow that flies by day has a very unique and interesting storyline,as a book that the main character dies and turn out just perfect is amaizing. Their is nothing bad to say about this book it was well edited.The arrow that flies by day doesn't contain any kind of sexual nature and no vulgar language used, with that i would give a 4 out of 4 stars rating. Teen readers will enjoy this book.

The Arrow That Flies By Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

With this kind of rating i think this books sounds interesting. I may consider reading it, i want to know how john died and how the book ended without the main character.
Amazingly done on review.
Wekesa Namuyonga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wekesa-namuyonga.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Wekesa Namuyonga »

I am in love with football and as mentioned of detailed football in the book got my attention. I will definitely add this to my shelf.
Nice review.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Crescendo by Rhiannon Kay

Post by SamaylaM »

Interesting plot line this story seems to have. Though I'm not sure if it's my kind of read. Many thanks for your nice review though!
aby johnson
2021 Reading Goal: 52
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: Death on the Nile
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

The summary looks fine and i would love to read this book someday. Good review.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
aaurba
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: Of Zots and Xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaurba.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by aaurba »

The most appealing feature of the book I got from your review is that the author did an excellent job of introducing and describing the characters. Overall, your review is full of insights and details that will help potential readers decided if they'll want to read the book or not.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”