Review by CColony2019 -- Honesty is Key by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Redrose2020
Currently Reading: House of Diamonds
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccolony2019.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Review by CColony2019 -- Honesty is Key by Tayma Tameem

Post by Redrose2020 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Honesty is Key" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Selina is a TV producer. The big wigs at her company want to start producing a cooking show. Selina knows that she wants to be the one to tackle this next challenge. While watching a movie, she realizes that the heartthrob leading character would be perfect for the show. Atlas had mentioned in an interview that he could cook. The very next morning, she calls his agent and sets up a cooking interview.

Atlas has been out of work for a few years. He is bored and worried that he is going to fade from everyone’s memory. When he receives the call for a cooking interview, Atlas knows that he needs to get the job, but he can’t cook. Atlas decides to wing it and hope for the best. Somehow, Atlas gets the job, even though the interview was a disaster.

Selina realizes that Atlas can’t cook, but she can’t turn back now. Atlas is her only option to impress the big wigs. After the show starts, the sparks start flying between the two of them. How will the show go? Will Atlas ruin everything and get Selina fired in the process? Will his fans forgive him for lying about being able to cook? Will Atlas and Selina come together?

Tayma Tameem has created a funny story about two characters coming together and having their fates hang onto each other. Honesty is Key was a beautifully written romantic comedy. My favorite part of the book was the journey that Atlas took through cooking. In the beginning, he couldn’t cook an egg, but slowly he gains more confidence with his dishes. While most romantic comedies look through the woman’s point of view for most of the book, we can see through Atlas’s eyes more than Selina’s eyes. The point of view puts a different spin on the book. I did not care for the fact that the book ended without any answers. It makes me want to find the second book to read it. With romantic comedies, there should not be a second book because the reader is coming to this book for a quick and easy read.

Honesty is Key is a book that anyone can read. It does not have any graphic scenes, and it is funny throughout most of the book. Religion was not mentioned in the book, and there were very few curse words. There were a few mistakes in the book, but it did not take away from the book. Because the book was not professionally edited, I would have to give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. Once it is professionally edited, I would give this book all 4 stars. Even though I did not care for the fact that I have to find the second book, that does not take away from this being a great book to read.

Honesty is Key
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”