Review by Faithmwangi -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of t...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithmwangi
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 66
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Review by Faithmwangi -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of t...

Post by Faithmwangi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Now more than ever, Demetrius is determined to take Folcro down. With Julia, Maido, and Rowan on his side, he has a shot at succeeding. However, his overprotective nature of Julia and Rowan is keeping him distracted. On the other hand, Meldorath has arrived in Caromentis. He has found Javikun already settled there. The power struggles between the two become evident with none of them ready to back down. The city of Voulhire is also under siege by the nighty nights and the Emperor of Lullabies. What will become of Voulhire and its inhabitants? Will it go down as the city that once was? or will it be victorious? All this takes place in We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind, by Mattew Tysz.

This read is the 6th in the We are Voulhire series. It is about the kingdom of Voulhire and how Meldorath, a mage, is trying to escape from it; Demetrius and his friends are trying to save it, and the Emperor of Lullabies is trying to conquer it. This book links all the 5 previous reads together.

What I love in the book is the resilience each individual has. They are all ready and willing to fight for what they believe whether good or evil. The characters have been well developed. So much so we can see the motivation behind their actions. The narration is given by the characters as they provide an outlook of their thought process. I didn’t find anything that made me dislike the book. It had proper flow from the beginning to the end. The combination of humor and sarcasm even in serious situations made it more exciting.

I found myself at the edge of my seat every time. Every character was calculative in their moves, making it difficult to predict what would happen next. This also made me want to read more of the book. I awarded the read 4 out of 4 stars. The book focuses on wizards and scientists. The evident themes include betrayal, love, war, and jealousy. An example of betrayal is when Ralph, a nighty night, goes against Rob. We also see Maido’s jealous nature directed towards Demetrius.

Those who have read the previous reads will find this read exciting especially since they will have a back story. Those who don’t care for vulgar words should steer clear of it. Those who enjoy science fiction will find it to be a treat. I look forward to reading more of the author’s work. I do not recommend this read to kids, instead, it is more suitable for adults as it contains several explicit scenes.

We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”