Review by Acwoolet -- Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Review by Acwoolet -- Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Acwoolet »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dagger's Destiny" by Linnea Tanner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Romance, curses, mythology, and treason all lend a hand in this epic tale of love and forging one's place in this world. In Dagger’s Destiny, the sequel to Linnea Tanner’s Apollo’s Raven, the Celtic princess, Catrin has to choose between the duty she was raised to do and following her heart into the arms of her enemy and love of her life. Dagger’s Destiny will truly leave you breathless and begging for more.

War is on the horizon for 24 AD Britannia as rival tribes push to gain power over the other when the Romans threaten to invade to settle the disputes. As the fighting continues, King Amren accuses his daughter Catrin of treason for aiding Roman enemy and lover, Marcellus. Unless she can redeem herself and prove her loyalty to her father, her punishment will result in death. But first, she must overcome many trials and tribulations to break the curse that threatens her kingdom.

I fell in love with Catrin’s spunky personality in Apollo’s Raven and even more so throughout Dagger’s Destiny. She is strong, loyal, and more powerful than even she seems to know. As her relationships grow more complicated she becomes more determined to fight for her family and her love. Full of Roman and Celtic myths and legends, Linnea Tanner has definitely not disappointed with this novel. I was hooked from the first word until the last, the mystical aspect makes me feel as if I might see Druids walk right off of the page. The historical descriptions of these two civilizations creates a wonderful world view that pulls you in and rewards in unimaginable ways. There were so many great characters to follow, I fell in love with good guys, and absolutely loved hating the bad guys.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a historical fantasy novel. It is one that will keep your attention from beginning to end, and throw you for quite a few loops. While it is not necessary to read the first novel in the series, I believe that the reader would enjoy the hidden bits of information more if they did. Honestly, I enjoyed reading this book so much, that I can’t say that I disliked anything about it, other than it had to end and leave me on another cliffhanger. That being said, I probably wouldn’t recommend the book for younger or sensitive audiences, there were a few parts between the fighting and scenes between the lovers that might not be the best for those looking for something a little more subtle.

Having enjoyed reading this book, I completely and wholeheartedly give Dagger’s Destiny 4 out of 4 stars. The book was well researched, well written, and would be enjoyable for readers across many different genres. I feel anyone reading it will fall in love with the characters as I did and anxiously await the release of the third book in the series.

Dagger's Destiny
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”