Review by Dr D -- The Internet President: None of the Above

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dr D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-d.html
Latest Review: The Internet President: None of the Above by P.G. Sundling
Reading Device: B07QCCW5KB

Review by Dr D -- The Internet President: None of the Above

Post by Dr D »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Internet President: None of the Above" by P.G. Sundling.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Some people say politics is similar to business. Well, I think they are one and the same thing with different perspective. Politics and Philosophy? More like macaroni and cheese. Why am I telling you this stuff? Is it related with the book? Yes and no!! Macaroni part was there to grab your attention!!

Now, the book The Internet President: None of the Above (very well) written by P.G. Sundling is combination of fiction which astonishingly has some references to the real world . The book's main character James Wong is a software engineer and an owner of a company(with a twist). As the name of the book suggest, it has got to be with him becoming the President of America. All though, becoming the Potus is not as easy as James thinks, he has got a trusty Bro, Maria. Maria (personal favorite) is the most important character in this book, 2nd only to James. This adventure book takes you through a roller coaster ride with many, many, many twists and turns and bumps. It has got dramatic relationship cues, nerve-wrecking action sequences, and most of all a different story running behind the scenes which patches up in the end ( got the Endgame feel?). The side characters in this book are very good but they do lack background details. There are many Antagonists, and they seem to become not-evil once in while throughout the story. This works great in a way by creating mystery of some sorts for the readers. The title of the book is rather wierd and tickles the brainly people. why 'None of the Above'? It has got a really interesting sub plot and like two chapters about it and it plays a pivotal role further in the book. The title speaks volumes!!!

The book spans to about 600 pages, which is a good length for casual readers, but I felt the book is quite slow and lengthy for most of the part and for some parts it goes really fast lacking details. It fails to take a grip on the readers mind. Many avid readers can complete the book of this length in maximum of 5 days but this one took me 2 weeks, only because I just couldn't read it more than 20 pages at one go. why? Part of the reason is that I am uninterested in politics and stuff and I don't have much knowledge about it.Also, there is great amount of technical stuff all about government and business and what not. So I had to google it every time, which readers know is quite cumbersome and takes away the joy from the book.

The book had typos and errors here and there. It looks professionally edited but still need's a touch. There is use of profane language a few times and also some sensual scenes. but they are just to invoke some emotional depth and not so much of a problem.

Overall, the book is a nice read for a change. Especially those who want to step down a little from high octane books. I would highly recommend it to folks who love political books and are also a fan of some fiction goodies.

I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars. Would have rated it 4, but I really struggled to complete reading it because of the reasons mentioned earlier.

Last point, the Author claims that there are certain events which took place in the real world, which are quite a bit similar, after the book was written. There is a section about it at the end of the book. Is the claim true? I would like to leave the decision to individual readers but personally, yes, there are some vague similarities.

The Internet President: None of the Above
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”