Review by Honest-reviewer -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Review by Honest-reviewer -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh ...

Post by Honest-reviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind is a science fiction and fantasy novel written by Matthew Tysz. This story is mainly set in Caromentis. In this book, we get to see what happens after the attack on Voulhire and how the citizens react to it.

The Emperor of Lullabies and the nightynights attack Voulhire. There is a lot of chaos and confusion going on. Meanwhile, Meldorath reaches Caromentis where he happens to meet King Javikun. Later, Galen gets separated from Rowan and Demetrius to go to Caromentis to seek Meldorath’s help to save Voulhire. So, will Meldorath agree to Galen’s request? Will the trio come together again? Well, you will have to read the book to get your answers.

This is the sixth book of the We Are Voulhire series. All the parts of this series are interconnected. So I urge everyone to read the previous books first and only then start with this one. The author has done a great job of creating and describing the world of Caromentis and the people living there. His writing is quite eloquent yet fancy. He has made sure that the readers understand what exactly is going on without creating any confusion. This book is filled with action and suspense which makes it hard to put down.

I enjoyed reading this book. One of my favorite scenes is when Galen meets the baking woman. That scene is pretty scary, but hilarious at the same time. I appreciate how the author has included humor in this book to balance out the drama and tension. There are two quotes in this book that resonated with me. They are: “just hold the enemy long enough to learn their pattern” and “no teacher like your own ambition.” I can literally consider these as life-lessons. I liked seeing the different versions of the previously mentioned characters. The character-development is quite evident in this book when compared to the preceding books.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. But sometimes I had to go back and refer to the previous books so that I could relate better to the present context. Overall, I had a great time reading this book. I just found a single error that is totally negligible. So I think the book is professionally edited. With that being said, I rate We Are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind 4 out of 4 stars. I have no reason to rate this book any lower.

This book contains profanity and obscenity. So this is not suitable for children. I highly recommend this to everyone who likes reading science fiction and fantasy novels, and for also those who like reading stories with magical elements in it. I do not recommend this to people that are highly sensitive to action, thriller, and horror.

We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: Piercing the Cloud: Encountering the Real Me by Jaime A. Pineda

Post by Eutoc »

I can see that the author has started exploring the world of caromentis. I've so eager to see how magical that world would be. Thanks for this interesting review.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 154
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 619
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: Grant Justice by Robert Gregory Fegers
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina »

Matthew Tysz has an extraordinary imagination. I am awed that he can write two series simultaneously. Even JK Rowling wasn't able to do that.

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Gryphon by Paula Grover

Post by NetMassimo »

I read only the first book of this series and it's great to see that its sequels are great as well, so I'll go on with them as soon as possible. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Tortured in Ashram by Prem Nambiar
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Even on the sixth book, Matthew Tysz continues to impress readers with this intriguing story. Thanks for the awesome review.

sanjus
2019 Reading Goal: 21
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

A mix of science fiction and fantasy seems quite interesting to read with mentioning of kings and emperors . Thanks for your wonderful review of this book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.

Sou Hi
2019 Reading Goal: 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Governance for a New Era by Robert Stephen Higgins

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. It's good to see that while Galen has matured, he still retains some of his naivety. The other characters' developments are great, too.

Viczboy16
Currently Reading: Perfectly Famous
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Viczboy16 »

Thanks for an insightful review. The author did a good job in describing caromentis which is not a physical world but a world of the mind.

Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: The Last Minder by Fish Phillips

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. This book is just making waves. I'll sure start from the first series.

raluca_mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: My Name is Red
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by raluca_mihaila »

I agree with you about the characters' development. They came a long way, especially Galen. Congratulations for your great review!

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Unforseen
Bookshelf Size: 447
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Live Your Purpose by Rick Heyland

Post by kdstrack »

I am interested in reading about this trio's relationship. The humor in the story is a great way to break up all the tension. Tysz is a talented author to follow! Thanks for the recommendation.

Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II

Post by Ayindelaw »

I've been seeing a lot of rave about Matthew Tysz's books. I like the premise of this book already--especially with your catchy review, Honest Reviewer. Hopefully, Galen will be successful.

Kirsi_78
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: GRIUNS A folk tale
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-78.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kirsi_78 »

I just love this series. I am not as far along as you, but it sounds like the story is just getting better and better! Thanks for offering a glimpse to what is yet to come.

SamaylaM
Currently Reading: Where Do I Go from Here?
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Soulful Words by Cheryl Ingram

Post by SamaylaM »

Having finished the first book of this series and other books by Matthew Tysz, I agree that his books are filled with action, suspense, and character development. Thanks for the enjoyable review!

Olabode Joshua
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 200
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

I haven't even read the fourth book yet. This series was well executed. You'd know that it was done by a pro. That was fantastic, Honestreviewer
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”