Review by Rukitejevbo02 -- The Girl in the mural by Iris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rukitejevbo02
Currently Reading: the Whitney cousins
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rukitejevbo02.html
Latest Review: The Girl in the mural by Iris

Review by Rukitejevbo02 -- The Girl in the mural by Iris

Post by Rukitejevbo02 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl in the mural" by Iris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jealousy is indeed a disease. The Girl in the mural by Iris is an excellent reminder of that fact.

On the outside, Ava McAllister has the perfect life after moving to Guam; new friends, a nice place to live in, amazing roommates with whom she shares a strong bond and a boyfriend--Logan Hackett--who loves her with all of his heart.

Ivy Bordell is a stripper. Money isn't enough, because she apparently wants everything Ava has.

Ava McAllister and Ivy Bordell first meet at Logan's birthday party. Ivy immediately becomes jealous of Ava and starts to devise a plan. Once the two women find themselves living in the same house, things fall apart.

This book was truly one I could not put down. I finished it in less than a day because it was really interesting and filled with suspense. I never knew what Ivy was going to do next..

I admired the author's skill in capturing Ivy's jealousy by showing that she would go to great lengths to achieve her goal. The author did a nice job in showing what Ivy really wanted. I loved Ava and Logan's relationship, the way they perfectly complemented each other, and the fact that they knew it. I loved Ava's nature--she was always kind and polite even when it made her the slightest bit uncomfortable. I disliked Ivy's attitude towards Ava and her friends throughout the entire book, the fact that she did unimaginable things just for her own satisfaction and the way Logan acted towards the end of the book(this is not in any way related to my opinion of the book.) Lastly, I loved the way the book was written; it wasn't too fast or too slow. From this book, I learned that just mere envy can make you do what you could never imagine.

However, one drawback of the book was the way Caleb--one of Ava's roommates ended his friendship with Ava because he believed everything Ivy told him. It was like he was under a spell.

Nevertheless, the book is an amazing piece of writing. I would not recommend this book for younger readers because of the profanity and sex scenes. I would also not recommend this book for the faint of heart. I found just one error in it, but I feel that it deserves a perfect rating, so I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

The Girl in the mural
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”