Review by honesty_pays -- The Frights of Fiji

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Review by honesty_pays -- The Frights of Fiji

Post by honesty_pays »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Frights of Fiji" by Sunayna Prasad.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Delving into the life of a young girl that is forced to grow up overnight wasn’t something I envisioned upon selecting this piece. The Frights of Fiji by Sunanya Prasad is a children's book that takes readers on a fantastic journey into the life of a girl called Alyssa. She is a 12-year-old orphaned girl that gets into trouble easily. Alyssa experiences a series of magical events that would expose her to secrets that didn’t seem practical a few weeks prior. Then she is suddenly tasked with a huge responsibility that would change her entire life. Will she be brave enough to accomplish this?

I enjoyed reading this book because the author’s character development was precise. This enabled me to easily visualize different characters in this wonderful piece. I commend the writing style the author adopted. This would keep young readers focused on the story until the very end.

This book will also intrigue readers with not just a magical story but also show them the hard times kids experience while in school and at home. This will make the story more relatable, as many kids have gone through different phases at some point. This book is the first of a wonderful series. It will create suspense for readers to explore other magical missions that would arise in other sequels. I am anticipating to read the other books in the series.

I didn't find any errors in this book while reading. The author’s editing and proofreading were professional in this book. I didn’t dislike anything about this book because Sunanya’s writing style was exceptional. She didn't deviate from the book's theme. I also hail her for putting much effort into writing this piece for kids.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the reasons I stated above. I recommend this book to parents with kids between the ages of 8 and 17. They will not be disappointed when they purchase this book.

The Frights of Fiji
View: on Bookshelves
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

What an interesting story, catching story! I'd love to find out more about this series. Great job!
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Wow! What could this responsibility be? I believe children will enjoy the book. Great review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a great read for kids and young adults :) A touch of suspense in fantasy stories make them so intriguing! Thanks for a great review!
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

An interesting story with some nice character development! Thanks for your wonderful review.
Tablito
Favorite Book: The Mountain and The Goat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Tablito »

It's interesting how a lot changes in a few weeks; Secrets that wouldn't make sense to Alyssa before, are revealed.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I have no children, but this seems a book good to recommend to people with children or as a gift for a child/teenager. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Post by Rashida10 »

I’m glad to hear that the author is skilled in character development. This makes me interested in reading the book.
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

The Frights of Fiji sounds like quite a unique book for a young audience. I like the fact that it touches upon deeper issues such as struggles children might experience in school or at home. Thank you for your great review!
VVaishali
Favorite Book: Big Magic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vvaishali.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VVaishali »

This is a really great and insightful review. Also, the books seem perfect for my nieces who are within the age group you have suggested. Thanks for the review. Great Job!👍
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Post by Standor5865 »

What an amazing piece that are you ts the experience of a young girl. This would be an excellent read for young minds truly.
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html

Post by honesty_pays »

Standor5865 wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 07:55 What an amazing piece that are you ts the experience of a young girl. This would be an excellent read for young minds truly.
VVaishali wrote: 15 Oct 2020, 09:39 This is a really great and insightful review. Also, the books seem perfect for my nieces who are within the age group you have suggested. Thanks for the review. Great Job!👍
Dominik_G wrote: 15 Oct 2020, 08:51 The Frights of Fiji sounds like quite a unique book for a young audience. I like the fact that it touches upon deeper issues such as struggles children might experience in school or at home. Thank you for your great review!
Rashida10 wrote: 15 Oct 2020, 01:12 I’m glad to hear that the author is skilled in character development. This makes me interested in reading the book.
NetMassimo wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 10:23 I have no children, but this seems a book good to recommend to people with children or as a gift for a child/teenager. Thank you for your great review!
Tablito wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 07:41 It's interesting how a lot changes in a few weeks; Secrets that wouldn't make sense to Alyssa before, are revealed.
lavenderbooks20 wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 05:00 An interesting story with some nice character development! Thanks for your wonderful review.
Ellylion wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 04:36 Sounds like a great read for kids and young adults :) A touch of suspense in fantasy stories make them so intriguing! Thanks for a great review!
Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 14:41 Wow! What could this responsibility be? I believe children will enjoy the book. Great review.
raluca_mihaila wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 14:19 What an interesting story, catching story! I'd love to find out more about this series. Great job!
raluca_mihaila wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 14:19 What an interesting story, catching story! I'd love to find out more about this series. Great job!
Thank for all these insightful comments, I really appreciate.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

An interesting review that gives a detailed description of a suspenseful story. It feels like a fast-paced action story. Thanks for your honesty
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

honesty_pays wrote: 12 Oct 2020, 13:01 [Following is a volunteer review of "The Frights of Fiji" by Sunayna Prasad.]

This will make the story more relatable, as many kids have gone through different phases at some point.

The Frights of Fiji
View: on Bookshelves
A book relating to both real life and the world of magic is sure to attract young readers. Good review!!!!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I reviewed this book and I love it. Scientific magic, I call it. Beautiful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”