Review by Essywa -- ...on your way home...Do This

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Essywa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essywa.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Review by Essywa -- ...on your way home...Do This

Post by Essywa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "...on your way home...Do This" by George Six.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

…on your way home..Do This by George Six is a non-fiction book that talks about his journey into priesthood. He chose to become an Episcopalian priest after his son was involved in a tractor accident that almost ended his life. His decision to leave his lucrative job in insurance was not taken kindly by his family and especially his wife Irene, who told him that she did not get married to a clergyman but later on, she accepted and joined him throughout his work until he retired. The author evangelized in the cities of Arizona, Iowa, Florida and California. He handled women health issues, addiction, political issues and many more. Fr. Six faced challenges as he was ministering to a point of almost giving up on his new calling. He angered many people in the process of wanting the best for his people. His contributions during his time as a priest and the legacy he left behind truly to him was Eden, he felt he had accomplished most of what he desired. He emphasizes on Eden and encourages us to follow the right paths if we want to be successful in life.

Themes of unity and friendship are outlined in the book. The congregation would contribute and repair their church and also be there for one another in times of grief and sorrow. Humor was also applied in the book as well. There was also the use of metaphor where watermelon symbolized the body of Christ.

What I liked most about the book was how the author was always ready to help anybody who had lost hope in life to get back to their normal life and there was a follow up on the same. He also gave them jobs whenever an opportunity arose if they had the skills he needed.

On the other hand, it reached a point I felt like I was struggling to read the book and I had to read some paragraphs again to understand better. The book was professionally edited and I found one grammatical error in it. I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars because of the mentioned reasons.

The book was interesting to read and I learned a lot from it that it does not cost anything to be kind to others. People of all faith and also those who enjoy helping others are welcome to read this book. There was minor profanity in the book which did not stop me from reading.

...on your way home...Do This
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”