Review by Honest-reviewer -- Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by Honest-reviewer -- Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Honest-reviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rescued" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rescued is a fictional novel written by E. Alan Fleischauer. This is a murder mystery that is mainly set in Colorado and New York. This story revolves around John Thurgood Thomas, mostly known as JT. In this book, we get to see his adventures and a tad bit of romance.

The story begins with JT taking shelter in a cave in Colorado. He happens to see four women named Annabelle, Jean, Emily, and Dawn who are kept as hostages by a few men. Then, JT being a hero, rescues all four women and takes them to a safe place. Later, one of the women escapes and he realises that she is a criminal and is responsible for the sufferings of the rest. He then decides to hunt her down and punish her. But this task is not easy. The woman is extremely smart and cunning. So, will JT be able to find her? Will he provide justice to the other women? Well, you will have to read this book yourself to find out.

Rescued is an intriguing novel that all mystery-lovers must read. It is neither extraordinary nor overdramatic and yet, it is a page-turner. The story has many different characters that are portrayed well without creating any confusion for the readers. The author has written this book beautifully in a simple language which makes it easy for everyone to read. This book has about 200 pages divided into 30 chapters. Every chapter is to-the-point without any unnecessary exaggeration which I think is great.

There are many things that I liked in this book. This is a fast-paced, action-packed story that kept me hooked until the end. I feel the story was especially strong in the area of portraying the strength of the female characters. Be it the villain or the heroine, they have a quite daring and strong personality. Though this is a fictional story, I truly admire the character of JT. He is kind, chivalrous, sensible, and a daredevil. The way he rescues the women and helps them till the end is praiseworthy. The best part is that the story has a lot of twists and turns that did not let me put this book down. One of my favourite scenes is when JT goes in search of the villain. His attitude and adventure throughout his journey are outstanding. I especially appreciate the author for keeping this story exciting yet uncomplicated.

There is nothing major that I disliked about this book. My only complaint is that a few characters disappeared in the middle of the story which is a little disappointing to me. I would have enjoyed the story more if the author had given a little extra description of the characters and the surroundings. Nevertheless, I had a great time reading this novel.

This book contains mild profanity and romantic scenes that are not explicit. The copy that I received seems to be professionally edited as I found only a single error that did not distract me. With that being said, I rate Rescued 4 out of 4 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and I have no strong reason to rate this any lower.

I highly recommend this book to the people who love reading murder mysteries, thrillers, and suspense stories. Since this book contains crime and death scenes, I do not think this is suitable for sensitive people and children.

Rescued
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Olabode Joshua
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 200
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: 13.0.0.0.0 by Ernest Porter
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

This book has done so well in scoring so many rave reviews. It's near-perfect and I'm sure you enjoyed it. Great review, Honest reviewer.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm

Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Ellylion »

Agreed, Jean disappeared quite abruptly. But I hope there are some explanations in the other JT books :) Thanks for a great review!

lavenderbooks20
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavenderbooks20.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by lavenderbooks20 »

A murder mystery with some memorable characters definitely sounds intriguing. Thanks for this insightful review.

Sou Hi
2019 Reading Goal: 1
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange trial
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Seeking Selfdom in the Age of Selfies by Akello Stone

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your detailed review. This sounds like a well-balanced and exciting book with many genres included. Unfortunately, when I picked this book for review, I received a damaged file and was unable to continue.

Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Why A Refuge by Michael George

Post by Prisallen »

I read this book as well and agree with your assessment of it. I definitely enjoyed it , but I also want more descriptions of the characters and the surroundings and the disappearance of the character was disappointing for me. Great review!

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Emotional Cure for Autism
Bookshelf Size: 443
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: The Centurions Man by Michael Sansone

Post by kdstrack »

The first mystery I wonder about is what JT was doing in the cave. What's the story behind that? Your amazing review has me intrigued about JT and his quest for justice. This looks interesting. Thanks!

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 86
Currently Reading: Sunshine at the Academy
Bookshelf Size: 359
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Gomo by Tani Shallari

Post by kandscreeley »

I love page turners. I'm glad this is professionally edited, as well. That definitely enhances a story. Thanks.
Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable.
-Louisa May Alcott
Latest Review: Gomo by Tani Shallari

Kelyn
2019 Reading Goal: 35
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 188
Currently Reading: Devoured by Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelyn.html
Latest Review: P.S.S.T.- Public School Speech Therapist by W. Ray
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Kelyn »

I'm not into mysteries, but I am into books with strong heroes like JT. It being a 'can't put down' type of book makes it interesting as well. I'll have to give this one some thought, but thanks for the insightful review!
I think it's a good thing that life isn't fair...if it was, it would mean we deserve all the bad things that happen to us. :eusa-think: - Marcus - Deep Space Nine

honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Understanding your finances through life's changes by Paul A. Etienne

Post by honesty_pays »

This story about JT rescuing the ladies feels so intricate and I would love to know who the criminal lady was and how he would capture her and bring her to justice. Nice review

Drianie
Currently Reading: Juliet, Naked
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Drianie »

I enjoyed reading your review. I’m a fan of a good action-packed mystery thriller and will definitely add this to my to-read list. Thanks for the recommendation!

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: The Gryphon
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Shadow Pantheon by Eric Nierstedt

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an engaging mystery perfect for people who want to read a novel that's not too long and keeps their attention until the end. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Murder in the Marsh by Kevin Carey

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Great review. I love it when a book is engagaging and intriguing. This is my type of book, and I'll give it a trial.

Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 10:14
Great review. I love it when a book is engagaging and intriguing. This is my type of book, and I'll give it a trial.
NetMassimo wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 06:55
This seems an engaging mystery perfect for people who want to read a novel that's not too long and keeps their attention until the end. Thank you for your great review!
Drianie wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 01:12
I enjoyed reading your review. I’m a fan of a good action-packed mystery thriller and will definitely add this to my to-read list. Thanks for the recommendation!
honesty_pays wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 00:53
This story about JT rescuing the ladies feels so intricate and I would love to know who the criminal lady was and how he would capture her and bring her to justice. Nice review
Kelyn wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 21:42
I'm not into mysteries, but I am into books with strong heroes like JT. It being a 'can't put down' type of book makes it interesting as well. I'll have to give this one some thought, but thanks for the insightful review!
kandscreeley wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 18:18
I love page turners. I'm glad this is professionally edited, as well. That definitely enhances a story. Thanks.
kdstrack wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 16:27
The first mystery I wonder about is what JT was doing in the cave. What's the story behind that? Your amazing review has me intrigued about JT and his quest for justice. This looks interesting. Thanks!
Prisallen wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 08:05
I read this book as well and agree with your assessment of it. I definitely enjoyed it , but I also want more descriptions of the characters and the surroundings and the disappearance of the character was disappointing for me. Great review!
Sou Hi wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 06:27
Thanks for your detailed review. This sounds like a well-balanced and exciting book with many genres included. Unfortunately, when I picked this book for review, I received a damaged file and was unable to continue.
lavenderbooks20 wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 06:07
A murder mystery with some memorable characters definitely sounds intriguing. Thanks for this insightful review.
Ellylion wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 05:25
Agreed, Jean disappeared quite abruptly. But I hope there are some explanations in the other JT books :) Thanks for a great review!
Olabode Joshua wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 04:19
This book has done so well in scoring so many rave reviews. It's near-perfect and I'm sure you enjoyed it. Great review, Honest reviewer.
I appreciate you comment! Thanks for stopping by.. :) :)

Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: This is Not a Lie by S.C. Farrow

Post by Dominik_G »

I'm not really into action/adventure books but I did enjoy reading your great review. Thank you!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”