Review by Agnes544 -- The Spirit of Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agnes544
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes544.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Review by Agnes544 -- The Spirit of Want

Post by Agnes544 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Spirit of Want" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is no doubt fiction makes a better job of the truth and William H. Cole in his book The Spirit of Want has shed light on this saying. He has dug deeper on the gaping social issues, and who are we not to praise his work.

The protagonist Lucy Macmiel who is a lawyer is the daughter of Agnes and A.J Macmiel. She is rude, unconcerned, ornery and ruthless to her husband Luke and even leaves him on their honeymoon to go be a lawyer to a misogynistic reverend, Hower Bain who is accused of molesting a minor. Lucy devotes a lot of time to solve this case that she barely is at home with her husband and daughter, Jennifer. She is not concerned about her family's wellbeing and she starts developing feelings for the reverend. Unfortunately, Hower Bain is found guilty and he flees to Africa where Lucy follows him because she is madly in love with him. She later questions herself and goes back home where she fights to gain stability in her career, family, and with her daughter. Will her family forgive her for neglecting them? Will she gain stability?

The narration of the book is brilliant and intricate as the reader finds themselves entangled in the rigmarole. The book has a one of a kind storyline keeping the reader’s attention up to the last page of the book. The characters are well explored and completely fleshed out hence contributing to the compelling drama of the book. I cannot deny that Lucy(protagonist) was well developed making it easier to grasp the book. The stunning twists and turns are riveting and the dialogue and banter between characters are top-notch. The weighty occurrences also added a lot of flavor to this amazing book.

My favorite part of the book was the introduction, it was so detailed and immediately knew that this was a book worth investing my time in. The introduction ushered me gladly into the character's world and was as sure as the dawn that I was in for a mind gripping and nail-biting storyline. The book has mature language that made me love it even more.

To sum up everything, this was a wonderful book that will blow your mind. If you want detailed characters, plots, and events well this is the book for you. I would give this book 4 out of 4 stars since I didn’t stumble across any grammatical or punctuation errors. This is a book worth reading and I would recommend it to anyone above 13 years

The Spirit of Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”