Review by jeminah28 -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jeminah28
Bookshelves Moderator
2019 Reading Goal: 5
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 680
2018 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeminah28.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by jeminah28 -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

Post by jeminah28 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen was navigating in the Voulhirian Kingdom's capital city, Soulhire. He was surprised when he found the city was under attacked. He and his two friends (Rowan and Demetrius) hurried way back to Magnum Caelum. Unfortunately, Riva's dancing soldiers were approaching near in Galen's house, which made the trio parted separately. Would they find each other again? If Meldorath was the Mastermind in the Hillport siege and was responsible for the onslaught in Virko, he was perplexed who was leading in the chaotic atmosphere of the city. Who was the new intruder?

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz is the third entry of the We are Voulhire Series. He is gifted in creating a dystopian setting that looks like based on ancient times. He has been embedding a mystical creature, religious system and political regimen, which is comically well-blended. I'm awarding this novel 4 out of 4 stars. I'm eager to finish the story right away because the intensity of suspense from the previous books grows higher in this tale. Moreover, I was enthralled by the political attributes in this novel, which prompted me to read the rest of the series.

Matthew has a unique way of developing the strengths and weaknesses of each character, while establishing their household as well as their functions in the kingdom. Like for example in Rowan's hobby, in Galen's martial arts techniques and in Demetrius's new discovery. Plus, he is weaving a solid political foundation that will keep the readers solemnly read the sequel.

One thing that encourages me to read this book is the bond of friendship between the business heir, the monk and the archer. It is followed by my curiosity in magics, politics and power. Lastly, the ultimate survivor of each slaughter piques my curiosity even more.

On the other hand, I don't like the swift death of a few principal characters. Until now, I'm shocked for two reasons. First, I can't understand why some remarkable characters are being killed at the scene while this novel gained its momentum. Second, it looks like evil weighs more than good. Apart from my dislikes, I'm still willing to finish this series. Anyone who wishes to start this book must read the prequel in order to grasp the author's concept. I will recommend this book to adult readers only due to some gruesome scenarios. If you are looking for a science fiction story, why not try to read this series.

When it talks about the way of writing style, grammar and spelling, this book is exceptionally edited. Matthew has his own style of crafting the back and forth of each scene through first person narrative. The headings or subtitle makes my reading experience flows smoothly.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."

sanjus
2019 Reading Goal: 21
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

Voulhirian Kingdom's capital city, Soulhire, which was once prosperous is been attacked. The story sounds interesting to me. Thanks for your honest review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.

MarianaFigueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by MarianaFigueira »

It does look like evil is winning, isn't it? I do enjoy it though: thanks for the great review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”