Review by Clorinda Donovan -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clorinda-donovan.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Review by Clorinda Donovan -- How To Be Successful

Post by Clorinda Donovan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are looking for a book on how to become more than what you are now, then read on! This book has short question and answer chapters from some very successful people. They talk about pitfalls and success. The author himself has penned his own advice on what to do to improve your current situation, what to expect from people, and how to keep going in the face of adversity. If you are in a bad place now or you have dreams, but self-doubt is your only companion read How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy.

I usually never read motivational books because it is not my type of reading. My favourite genres are fantasy, science fiction, murder mystery and then some. I picked this book because I recently started an online business that has made no money, and it is not getting anywhere. So my self-doubt needed some sort of morale boost. All I can say is that I'm happy to have read How To Be Successful. It was easy to read, very relatable, and interesting.

What I loved most in this motivational book were two things. The first is the courage and positivity of Mr. McCoy; he is inspiring in so many ways. He faced rock bottom and survived. His attitude towards life is what too many people nowadays lack, and his courage makes him nothing less than a hero. His positivity towards life is showcased in an effortless, inspiring way without being tacky. Instead, he seemed genuine, and anyone who reads this book will immediately connect with him on so many levels. The second part I absolutely fell in love with was the question and answer segment with the author's mother. I wish that I could meet her face to face and maybe become her friend. She seems to be a kindred spirit, courageous, and she reminds me of the only mother figure I ever had. Sadly I recently lost mine. She is in a better place which I hope to one day join her in.

There were no downsides to reading this book, and I did not dislike any part of the book. I was never bored while reading it, and at a hundred and eighty-five pages, it seemed a short but succinct read. I recommend this story for all the people in the world who feel stuck in the mud because life seems to have dealt them a horrible hand. Maybe you just got over a divorce, your business is not going so well or almost any other unfortunate situation this book will surely be a great pick me up.

I think anyone at any age can read the book, and I cannot think of a reason that someone would not want to read it. If you do not want to be motivated, then do not read it!

I rate this book at 4 out of 4 stars for an amazing read. The script was well edited, which was an added bonus.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Confucius

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”