Review by Tablito -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tablito
Currently Reading: Divided World
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tablito.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Review by Tablito -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Tablito »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Parents are often left at their own discretion to inculcate a culture of saving in their children; back in the day, saving in the Milo tin that my dad had tailor-made for me was super-duper exciting. However, not everyone is introduced to the world of saving as a child; this is where The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos comes in.
    This first-person narrative advances the concept of having an act now mentality when it comes to saving, today is the tomorrow you talked about yesterday. Siamak further proves that failing to save has nothing to do with having little; it's interesting how, in the course of time, the meagre resources used in the text go a long way.
      I like that Siamak strikes a balance; he is neither for saving everything at the expense of basic needs nor is he for 'eating' everything in complete disregard of the future. In addition to being enjoyable, Siamak's work is also relevant; it has something to offer to readers in different age brackets. I didn't find anything to hate about the book, it actually left me yearning for another insightful read.
        The pimped book title won me over. The rhyme adopted by Siamak jogs the reader's memory. The narrator has no face, this personalizes the text. Common things within our environment have been used as illustrations, this makes the book relatable. The Illustrations have also been shaded modestly, young readers will enjoy using their favourite colours on them. I hereby give The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.
          The book was professionally edited; I found no grammatical errors. The text is clean; violence, vulgar language, and sexual content are absent, it is therefore a suitable read for children. Adults will also benefit from the book, it conveys important lessons on saving.

The Mountain and The Goat
          View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Kelyn
          2019 Reading Goal: 35
          2019 Reading Goal Completion: 188
          Currently Reading: Devoured by Darkness
          Bookshelf Size: 218
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelyn.html
          Latest Review: P.S.S.T.- Public School Speech Therapist by W. Ray
          Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Kelyn »

It's interesting how the narrator having no face can actually personalize the book. I think it teaches a great lesson about saving for tomorrow while effectively holding the child's attention. Thanks for the review!
          I think it's a good thing that life isn't fair...if it was, it would mean we deserve all the bad things that happen to us. :eusa-think: - Marcus - Deep Space Nine

Tablito

Post by Tablito »

Kelyn wrote:
          27 Sep 2020, 20:11
          It's interesting how the narrator having no face can actually personalize the book. I think it teaches a great lesson about saving for tomorrow while effectively holding the child's attention. Thanks for the review!
          Having fun while learning is exactly what the reader experiences, thanks Kelyn for stopping by.

Chigo Nwagboso
          Currently Reading:
          Bookshelf Size: 19
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
          Latest Review: Murder in the Marsh by Kevin Carey

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I'm happy with the moral lessons this book has to teach. I believe children and adults will benefit a lot from this book. Saving sometimes seems difficult but, very essential. Thanks for the insightful review.

Tablito

Post by Tablito »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote:
          03 Oct 2020, 03:13
          I'm happy with the moral lessons this book has to teach. I believe children and adults will benefit a lot from this book. Saving sometimes seems difficult but, very essential. Thanks for the insightful review.
          Saving is not a walk in the park, it surely requires a lot of discipline. Thanks, Nwagboso, for your comments.

lavenderbooks20
          Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
          Bookshelf Size: 44
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavenderbooks20.html
          Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by lavenderbooks20 »

It’s interesting to find out that the author has a balanced opinion about saving. I also like the fact that both children and adults will benefit from this book. Great review.

Tablito

Post by Tablito »

lavenderbooks20 wrote:
          05 Oct 2020, 04:44
          It’s interesting to find out that the author has a balanced opinion about saving. I also like the fact that both children and adults will benefit from this book. Great review.
          Siamak is of the view that having a comfortable life currently and a financially-secure life in future are equally important, none of them should suffer. Thanks for your comments, Lavender.

shamayelnur
          Favorite Author: Stephen King
          Currently Reading:
          Bookshelf Size: 22
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
          Latest Review: The Girl in the mural by Iris
          fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

This book seems to be helpful for a lot of children and adults with its moral lessons. Being to convey such messages to all the age group shows the writer did a great job at writing.

Saint Bruno
          Currently Reading:
          Bookshelf Size: 31
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
          Latest Review: Marbles Eye of the Tiger by Myrna Doreen White

Post by Saint Bruno »

I can imagine kids gushing over how colorful this book is. Thanks for the wonderful review and recommendation.

Tablito

Post by Tablito »

shamayelnur wrote:
          07 Oct 2020, 04:54
          This book seems to be helpful for a lot of children and adults with its moral lessons. Being to convey such messages to all the age group shows the writer did a great job at writing.
          You're absolutely right Shamayelnur, the beauty of the book is that it has something to offer to every reader irregardless of their age. Thanks for your comments.

Tablito

Post by Tablito »

Saint Bruno wrote:
          07 Oct 2020, 07:52
          I can imagine kids gushing over how colorful this book is. Thanks for the wonderful review and recommendation.
          Kids will hold on to the book till the end of the text simply because of the attractive colours.Thanks for your views, Saint Bruno.

Eutoc
          Currently Reading:
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
          Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Eutoc »

There's usually a balance between the amount of savings to make and how often it should be done. I think I equally used the Milo tin to save, though not money. Thank you for this nice review, Tablito.

Tablito

Post by Tablito »

Eutoc wrote:
          07 Oct 2020, 09:48
          There's usually a balance between the amount of savings to make and how often it should be done. I think I equally used the Milo tin to save, though not money. Thank you for this nice review, Tablito.
          Indeed having a habit of saving translates to increased savings as days go by. Thanks for commenting, Eutoc.

Adanna Inya
          Currently Reading:
          Bookshelf Size: 41
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
          Latest Review: Pursuing Excellence Through Optimal Health And Wellness by lloyd l bridges

Post by Adanna Inya »

I love this book that teaches children how to plan ahead. Beautiful review.

Luluwa79
          Currently Reading:
          Bookshelf Size: 25
          Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
          Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Luluwa79 »

Nice review. The book is interesting and it will serve as an educational book to children since it will impart them positively about planning and saving.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”