Review by kathy2705 -- Unfaltering Trust by Roy Ziegler

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kathy2705
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathy2705.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley
fav_author_id: 2451

Review by kathy2705 -- Unfaltering Trust by Roy Ziegler

Post by kathy2705 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Unfaltering Trust" by Roy Ziegler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When Edward Fitz Randolph Jr. moved from England to Plymouth Colony in 1630, he was in search of freedom and opportunity. Unfaltering Trust focuses on nine generations of the Fitz Randolph family. Starting from the Great Migration to the Industrial Revolution, and all the way to the modern era, the Fitz Randolph family are descendants of Charlemagne. Charlemagne’s passed on his leadership spirit to his descendants, but they had a hard time getting rid of his non-inclusive religious influences.

It could be said that the Fitz Randolph family are the founders of American Civilisation. After migrating from Europe, the Fitz Randolph family became very influential in the development of America. They were the founding family of New Jersey. Nathaniel Fitz Randolph was the first contributor of land and funds for the establishment of the renowned Princeton University. Hartshorne Fitz Randolph was one of the first leaders in the fight to abolish slavery in America. Till today, the Fitz Randolph family still play a big role in the shaping of America. Unfaltering Trust defines the relentless devotion and strength unique to the Fitz Randolph family and their leadership through the years.

From Charlemagne all the way to George W. Bush, the Fitz Randolph family has a lot of big names that have played big roles in the formation of America. This made me realise that there is nothing I did not like about this book. The book is about heroism in its true form, and the pride of carrying on a legacy despite all the challenges.

The origin of the Fitz Randolph name is what I found most fascinating about the book. The “Fitz” is derived from a French word meaning “son of.” The name is a war name, which is what the Fitz Randolph family essentially were in all their generations, warriors. This is what I liked most, that the family name itself reflects on the family’s strength and spirit that influenced America to be the America it is today.

When I chose to review this book I was expecting to learn very detailed information about the Fitz Randolph family, that they actually did play major roles in the shaping of America. I was not disappointed, name any major or minor event in history and it is very likely that a Fitz Randolph had a part to play. My discoveries were only made possible by the author, Roy Ziegler, whose extensive research is commendable. The book includes some pictures and portraits, as well as references which I found very helpful.

I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in historical books. Historians and those doing research on the American Constitution will find this book very informative. The book is very well edited, with great character development. Ziegler writes so well that he swiftly moves through all nine generations without muddling information and confusing the reader.

Because it was so well edited and informative, Unfaltering Trust merits a 4 out of 4 stars. There was nothing negative that could knock out a star from this book, I ended up learning more than I expected.

Unfaltering Trust
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

I enjoy reading historical books. I'm surprised that I haven't heard about the Randolph family, they seem influential and strong. What an interesting review. Thank you.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

The book seems to be very informative. There might a lot to learn from this book together with enjoying the writing. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”