Review by Agnes Masobeng -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 399
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Agnes Masobeng -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a science-fiction set in the Voulhiran kingdom under the leadership of King Wilhelm. Character development was not an issue in this book. I found King Wilhelm to be extremely insecure especially when it came to magical beings and how they might overthrow his government. In this land, magic and those with magic are terribly feared. It is believed that they are the select few who can punish, destroy and kill people using their minds. For magicians, sorcerers and enchanters, there was no need for physical war with ammunition and weaponry.

At the beginning of this series, the author included a map. The map was great navigation and served as a direction to all the places due to being mentioned while reading the book. It helped me to understand how certain places were related to each other as well as how far they were from each other. As I continued reading this enchanting series, there were twists and turns in the plot. I couldn't wait to find out what really happened to the great magician Meldorath and why he was locked up. The conspiracy and hidden secrets pushed me to read further, not put the book down and unpack, unfold and wait for everything to be revealed.

What I liked about We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is how descriptive it was. The author did a wonderful job in describing characters, places as well as the activities that took place. It was well written. And the pace was neither too slow nor too fast. I related a lot to Galen from the Lands of Princes. He seemed shy and collected as anyone can be in a new environment. He tried everything he can in order to fit in his uncle's chambers as well as the entire place. He asked his uncle's lawyer a lot of questions to find out how he should contact himself and what he should and should not do to seem like the rest of them in the community. I especially liked this quote by the author which I thought was a piece of great advice for everyone, "Love people, though I often find I keep them at arm's length."

There was nothing I disliked about reading this book. It is suitable for people of all religious beliefs. I am happy to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. If you are more interested in thriller, war, magic and suspense We Are Voulhire will be very appealing to you. There was no sexual content or profanity. Unfortunately, I stumbled across a couple of errors but they did not affect my reading that is why I strongly believe that the book was professionally edited.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”