Review by shravsi -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Namesake
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by shravsi -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

Post by shravsi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: Someone Else’s End is a fantasy fiction written by Matthew Tysz. This is the third book in the We are Voulhire series. After a long wait, we finally get to enter Voulhire’s famed capital and experience its coveted charm.

Galen is trying to master his newfound craft. Rowan is busy giving the much-needed guidance and assistance to his friend. Demetrius is still trying to get attention from Yamon Soul regarding Virko. Not a soul in Voulhire knows the true identity of our new Eiodi, except for the heius priests and Vilendrians. As for the capital, king Wilhelm and his citizens are deeply engrossed in the ongoing case ‘Shore against Soulhire.’ Everything seems to be going steady in Voulhire. And this progress in Voulhire is trying to get the attention of someone. Someone who hails from far away, from another land. A land that is incomprehensible to the human mind. And that someone can bend the cosmos itself. So, what will be the fate of Voulhire? Will it absorb the setbacks and strive forward? Or, will it prove that everything that glitters might not be gold after all?

Quite a few characters whom we missed in the second book appear here. We get to look into the backstory of many characters a bit more. There is more action from our new Eiodi because he is planning to visit somewhere special. Look out for the fate of a few favourite characters as the story is turning more gruesome day by day. Many hidden secrets behind the masks are revealed: one of the sweet characters has turned out to be the Brutus of this story. The author has written an elegant description of every object and living soul that the reader might come across. This description assists the reader to imagine the story with minute details.

I enjoyed the book vastly, but I don’t think the book is well-edited. I did find more than 10 errors counting two spelling mistakes. I will read the next book because I’m invested in this story. However, this book could use a dose of much-needed editing. There are numerous profane words and also gruesome details. Please keep them in mind if it bothers you or if you are a teenager.

I will rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. The errors in this book put me off a lot: it shows negligence about the writing. As I said before, I would continue this series as the writing and story are incredible. This book is suitable for any reader who is interested in the fantasy genre, especially books related to magic.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

123Esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-123esther.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by 123Esther »

sounds like a good story, I hope the author takes note of the many errors. Thanks for the good review.
" You only know that which you have experienced, the rest you are taught"

Sou Hi
2019 Reading Goal: 1
Currently Reading: The King of May
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sou Hi »

I agree. This series is quite intriguing, and the author is good at piquing the readers' curiosity about the events.

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading: I Am Serena
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: A European Odyssey by Bailey Alexander

Post by Saint Bruno »

Wow! I hope the author read this and does the needful. Thanks for the review and recommendation.

anua24060
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anua24060.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by anua24060 »

This book turns the story of the series. I liked it very much. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”