Review by Nickolas Farmakis -- Cat Detectives in the Kor...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: The Stars by Tom Otruba/ TAO

Review by Nickolas Farmakis -- Cat Detectives in the Kor...

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R. F. Kristi is a children’s book about a cat called Inca and her group of animals, who help unite a family that was broken due to the partition of the Korean peninsula. The writer adds many pictures in the story, while she also employs simple language to engage the attention of young readers.

The author starts by introducing Inca, the head of Inca & Company, a detective agency that solves crimes and helps people with the help of other dogs and cats. Inca’s owner, named Missy, along with her friend Solo talk about Missy’s invitation to present her invention of a delicious new cheese. She will present her cheese in a workshop in South Korea, while she is also invited as a judge in a panel that will judge a cooking competition between North and South Koreans. There, Inca and her friends meet a dog named Baram, who tells them about his long-lost cat friend, Bo-Mi. How will Inca & Company help Baram find her friend, who is stuck in North Korea?

I enjoyed a few things in this story. To begin with, I liked the simplicity of the novel, as the author avoided complex language, thereby making this book suitable for young kids. Additionally, the book was professionally edited, as I did not encounter any objective errors in the story. What I liked most about this story was that it had many wonderful illustrations, which will appeal to young children, focusing their attention on the story.

One of the things I did not like in this story was that it was very predictable and cliché. Kids may find this novel boring because of this; hence, they might not enjoy reading it. What I disliked most about this book was that it contained a lot of confusion and chaos, as the author was not able to coherently compile the story.

This story is best suited for young children who like stories with animals and some mystery. Kids at kindergarten may find the book slightly complicated, so this novel is best suited for children going to lower elementary school. Readers of all religions, including atheism may want to read this novel.

I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. The reasons I gave a lower rating to this book were the confusion and predictability of the text. I did not give it the lowest possible score because it was simple, professionally edited, and amazingly illustrated.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Understanding your finances through life's changes by Paul A. Etienne

Post by honesty_pays »

An interesting review. I am currently reading this now and the feeling is amazing

Drado_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drado-27.html
Latest Review: Hidden in Plain Sight, a British Military Agent's Story by Shirley Read-Jahn

Post by Drado_27 »

I hope they can edit this book to make it an interesting read for children. Loved your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”