Review by mmandy38 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmandy38
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Zookeeper's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmandy38.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2460

Review by mmandy38 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by mmandy38 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Natural Guide by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D. and Alexandra Gold, M.A. is a non-fiction self-help manual about stress and anxiety, as well as ways to alleviate some of it. The book starts by explaining what anxiety and stress are. From this, the book goes into the pills associated with dealing with anxiety. I found this to be odd since the book should be all about the natural remedies, but the first remedies shown are medications that are not natural.

Your health needs to be a priority, and that is a central theme throughout this book. During these times this year, everyone is facing more stress than expected as a side effect of the Covid-19 outbreak. Whether you are dealing with everyday stress or generalized anxiety disorder, the authors want you to have ways to take care of yourself and get the help you need, so that these stresses are not taking over your life.

Another thing that the authors go into depths about is diet. It lists foods that you should consume more of, depending on the problems you are facing, and foods to avoid. It even goes so far as to have a grocery list in the book's appendix to make sure that you can access it easily when you need to relieve your stress more. I also like that there are tables in the appendix to review all of the methods, medicines, and treatments discussed and how those remedies work as a small recap.

The part that I disliked most is that this book reads a little like a psychology textbook, though, instead of just a manual. Although it is not written in all medical terms, there were still several words that I could not find in my kindle dictionary, which may be problematic to some readers. Another thing that I found odd was that the authors discuss things and their processes behind them. An example of this is that chamomile is used as a calming effect and is used for treatments involving stomach problems, going into detail about how the flowers are dried and steeped and making them into tea.

I would recommend this book to anyone dealing with anxiety problems and are trying to determine which methods best suited for you. I believe that it would be beneficial for anyone dealing with the stresses of life to help find helpful solutions. I would rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”