Review by Disneyland -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Disneyland
2019 Reading Goal: 17
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 470
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 971
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-disneyland.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Disneyland -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Disneyland »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mountain and The Goat is a fascinating tale for children authored by Siamak Taghaddos with an aim of all-round development of their personality. The author is inspired to write the story by an old Persian poem taught by his father. The style of writing the tiny tale is poetic. It imparts to the children a lesson of resourcefulness and entrepreneurship. The book has been artistically illustrated by Zachary Caine.

The story is told in the first person, by an unnamed narrator that I assume to be the author himself. He happens to travel to a mountain where a goat serves him water and bread. The narrator eats the bread and waters the soil over there. As a result, grass grows! A new world comes into being! This new world is not just fictional but practical and fanciful, too! It constitutes diverse people and the activities they perform. The adults reading the book will explore how skillful our Creator is!

I admired and appreciated the work of the author through and through! The beginning, as well as the ending of the story, are worth mentioning. The book is entertaining and instructive! Every child deserves to know the core of his or her survival! I like the goat singing in the story which the narrator meets first of all creatures along his journey to the mountain. It is symbolic for me! I appreciate the words told by the goat to the narrator after feeding him bread and water – ‘Do as you wish but plan ahead!’ They are an impetus for the children to take initiative and action in their life.

We all have an inner potential to work, waiting to be awakened! The work each one of us performs may be of different types but we altogether contribute to the synchronicity of the cosmos. I enjoyed reading the book. My only issue is that I found the ending of the story a bit rushed. It needed a few more words for expression. However, it didn’t fail to convey the sense of the author behind writing the story i.e., discovering one’s own world of fancy. A book similar to the author’s work that finds mention in this context is Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit. It highlights the beautiful ways of paying forward someone’s kindness by helping another person soon.

The story inspires me to be resilient and proactive towards my duty in my life. The book is well-edited and there are no grammatical errors in it. Also, there is no instance of profanity in the story. I recommend the book to the children between the age of 8 and 12. It will add to their academic excellence and help them reflect on what they study at school. The story demonstrates the extraordinary skill and the merit of the author. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars!

The Mountain and The Goat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”