Review by Nkoo -- Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nkoo
Currently Reading: Weirdo 2.0
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review by Nkoo -- Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Nkoo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What was there before the creation of the universe? How did it all start? Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is a science fiction book. It attempts to answer questions on how certain elements of the universe came to be. It is a thought-provoking experiment on the dynamics that crystalized into the existence of the universe.

While standing before the committee members on that fateful morning, Theodil introduced how the universe was created. He proceeded with what the situation was before the creation. He demonstrated his theory with the use of dice with dots called Zots, and a noodle-like string called Xoodles. As Theodil's presentation progressed, the nitpickers in the committee became discontented. Some nitpickers continuously criticized his moves. How did his presentation go? Will he be able to convince his audience about the usefulness of his study?

The author wrote this third-person narrative in a language that is simple for everyone to understand. This scientific read will have readers pondering over the questions and the answers inherent in the science fiction mindset; it will help proffer explanations to some scientific information. This orderly and entertaining book will have readers turning between its pages for a better understanding of its contents. The latter part of the story was remarkable.

The illustrator of this book, Frank Louis Allen, did an outstanding job. I salute his brilliant attempt at capturing the author's scientific reasoning artistically. The diagrams are apposite; they speak volumes. I found it interesting that the author and the illustrator are on the autism spectrum. I appreciate the fact that they channeled their love for the arts towards creating a captivating story. It is noteworthy that this book does not conform to the usual style of writing; it challenges the norm with its chosen style of communication with its readers.

I liked the brevity of the book; anything longer could have made the wrong impression on its readers. I also liked how the author used diagrams to help drive home his standpoint on the creation of the universe. These diagrams will help readers to understand the author's perspective; it will help fill in the gaps in situations where words are inadequate.

I enjoyed reading this fascinating book; there was nothing I disliked about it. It appeared to be professionally edited because I found no errors in it. It contains no profanity or sexual content. Given the above reasons, I rate it four out of four stars. I did not award it a lower rating because I found it to be unique. I recommend it to everyone, particularly science fiction lovers.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”