Review by anua24060 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by anua24060 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon is a book that explains how the biblical timelines and scientific timelines for the creation and evolution of earth and life on it can coincide. One of the authors, Daniel Friedman, has served as the CEO of a space company for twenty years. He is also a religious man who has a great interest in reading religious texts and scriptures. As a man who believes in both science and religion, it bothered him how the process of creation is explained differently in the two fields. So, he started researching the religious story of creation to find the deeper meaning hidden under the words.

The book is divided into three parts. In the first part, the authors explain how the story of Genesis in the Bible and the scientific timeline can be explained in harmony. In the second part, they compare the various historical events that almost caused the arrival of the Messiah as prophesied in the Bible and write about a fictional scenario of how the End of the Days can arrive. In the third part, based on the conclusions drawn in the second part, they provide the reader with a timeline in which the End of the Days can happen.

Although the book is named The Biblical Clock, the book follows the teachings of famous Rabbis like Rabbi Luria, Rabbi Ginsburgh, and Rabbi Moses ben Nahman. It also mainly talks about Torah, Talmud, and Kabbalah. Some chapters feature author Daniel Friedmann explaining his Seb, his findings of the creation, and End of the Days. Every chapter begins with a small anecdote about the person it featured, so the readers can understand who is the person they are going to read about. The book is mostly non-fictional, but in the second part; the authors explain a fictitious account about how the End of the Days can unfold. It also features stories from the Bible, like the story about Adam and Eve’s expulsion from the Garden of Eden.

When I first accepted this book for review, I was skeptical if this could be interesting. But I was also curious as to how this book could resolve the long debate between science and the Bible. The authors made good arguments about how the six days of creation mentioned in the Bible should not be taken literally. They produced the notes and calculations of famous religious persons and also scientists like Isaac Newton, to prove that even according to the Bible, the earth was billions of years old.

The thing I liked the most is how the authors made this book interesting by adding anecdotes. There are also pictures of the ancient notes, which made the book more interesting. Every argument made by the authors had proof and source. Sources and glossary for every chapter are provided at the end of the book. There is not a single profanity in the book.

The thing I disliked is there are some complex calculations about the age of the earth that can confuse readers who do not have a science background. Otherwise, the book was well written. I recommend it to Christians and Jews who are curious to read how their religious scriptures coincide with science.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is finely edited. All the arguments and anecdotes are well presented. There is a lot of research that has gone into this book and I think it deserves the four stars.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I agree that there is much discrepancy between the religious and scientific point-of-view of how our universe began. The author's theory of how these two relate is definitely intriguing.
pablo10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo10.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by pablo10 »

The premise of combining science and religion sounds interesting. Thanks for the informative review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I loved this book very much, especially the part about the Sixth Day of Creation :) Thanks for a great review!
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

I read the book very long ago. However, I really hated this one. I would rate this book 1 star. Anyways, the review was great one.
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I enjoyed reading your detailed and insightful review. Good job and thanks for the recommendation.
Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Post by Rashida10 »

I liked that there was a combination of both religious and scientific perspectives in the development of the plot. I enjoyed your review.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

pablo10 wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 00:35 The premise of combining science and religion sounds interesting. Thanks for the informative review.
Thanks for reading the review!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

aaurba wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 23:23 I agree that there is much discrepancy between the religious and scientific point-of-view of how our universe began. The author's theory of how these two relate is definitely intriguing.
Yes, it's an intriguing concept
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

Ellylion wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 05:40 I loved this book very much, especially the part about the Sixth Day of Creation :) Thanks for a great review!
Yes, that part is interesting!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

Star_and_Buck wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 10:42 I read the book very long ago. However, I really hated this one. I would rate this book 1 star. Anyways, the review was great one.
Yes, this book can be tiring for those who do not agree with the views it expressed.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

Saint Bruno wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 10:56 I enjoyed reading your detailed and insightful review. Good job and thanks for the recommendation.
Thank you!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

Rashida10 wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 14:41 I liked that there was a combination of both religious and scientific perspectives in the development of the plot. I enjoyed your review.
Thank you!
123Esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-123esther.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by 123Esther »

I think I'd love to find out more and somehow satisfy my curiosity, on how religion and scientific timelines coincide. Thank you for the good review
" You only know that which you have experienced, the rest you are taught"
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

123Esther wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 04:53 I think I'd love to find out more and somehow satisfy my curiosity, on how religion and scientific timelines coincide. Thank you for the good review
Go for it! This book is interesting for curious readers.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”