Review by HusainNecklace52 -- We are Voulhire: Someone E...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HusainNecklace52
2019 Reading Goal: 40
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by HusainNecklace52 -- We are Voulhire: Someone E...

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: Someone Else’s End by Matthew Tysz is the third installment in the “We Are Voulhire” series. The novel begins by plunging the readers into the midst of a court session that is interrupted by an attempt to assassinate the presiding king – King Wilhelm Arcolo. The case is to determine whether the number of immigrants from war-prone lands such as “Lands of the Princes” should be allowed to stay in the city or not. The series of events that follow are much more gripping as a conspiracy to murder the king is devised in secrecy by the people who are the most trusted and loyal servants of the king. Deception, magic, and sorcery are key elements of the book. The most important question is that is King Wilhelm Arcolo capable of surviving the impending doom that is racing towards him while simultaneously saving his kingdom, or will he succumb to the darkness and lose everything that he holds dear?

I would like to congratulate Matthew Tysz on a job well done. I absolutely loved the third installment of his continuing series. The writing is just as fluent as the first two books in the series. Matthew Tysz does not aim to confuse the readers by using complex sentence structures and complicated words to express his eloquence in the English language. Instead, he uses simplicity to entertain his readers and to guide them through the world of Voulhire.

Moreover, another aspect of the book that I really enjoyed was the political tension that has gripped Voulhire. This tension is visible through all of the lead characters of the book, especially King Wilhelm and Galen.

This brings me to my next reasoning of why I enjoyed reading this book. The character development illustrated in this book is fantastic! We see how Galen has grown so much and has come a long way from when he first stepped foot into the world of Voulhire. His naivety and child-like innocence has washed away and has been replaced with intelligence, experience, and wisdom. The Galen that readers will encounter in this book is very different from the Galen in the first or the second book. I really enjoyed hanging out with this Galen because he felt more experienced and sure of himself.

Likewise, the author uses both the first person and the second person narrative style to make his writing more unique and fresh. He succeeds at it because it disrupts the monotonous tone of the book that provides a single perspective of the events occurring in the novel. It also makes the writing more interesting to engage with and adds some flavor to the book.

In conclusion, I give We Are Voulhire: Someone Else’s End by Matthew Tysz four out of four stars. It is a great novel that will entertain you from the start to the very end. However, my only complaint with this book is that it uses a bit of profanity that makes it unsuitable for a younger audience. Moreover, the book is edited and proofread very well as I could spot no apparent typos or grammatical errors throughout my reading. That being said, if you’re looking for something along the lines of a game of thrones or if you enjoyed the previous installments in this series then definitely give this book a try, it won’t disappoint!

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

engarl
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-engarl.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by engarl »

Thank you for your review! I was considering reading this book, based on its relative similarity to my other favorite books, and now I am convinced that I will like it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”