Review by Sheila_Jay -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sheila_Jay
2019 Reading Goal: 96
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheila-jay_1438897.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Sheila_Jay -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by Sheila_Jay »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a historical, science fiction that revolves around the great kingdom of Voulhire and two key characters, Galen Bray and Lord Eldus Alderman. The place is great but is marred with some underlying issues. The protagonist, Galen Bray leaves Prince Islands for Voulhire. Unlike Prince Islands, Voulhire is a well-governed, prosperous and peaceful kingdom. In Voulhire, Galen enjoys great freedom, a great contrast from Princes Island, where people’s freedoms are curtailed.

Fortunately for Galen, he gets the opportunity to leave this Prince Island following the demise of one of his uncles who lived in Voulhire. Galen is set to inherit property that the uncle leaves behind since he listed him as his heir. Alderman, a former judge, is appointed by the king to fix Hillport town and takes up the role of transforming the shanty town to a prosperous one as a personal mission. Both Galen and Eldus suffer betrayal and fail to accomplish their missions as it turns out that the people that they trusted had ulterior motives.

It is amazing how the author pulled in another weird character, Meldorath, whose death and influence are a mystery. I was truly intrigued by the magical aspects of the story. The author did a fantastic job, and I was indeed impressed by how he weaved several stories into one amazing story that flows right from the start to the end. The transition between the chapters is smooth, except at the beginning of the story, where I found myself losing the plot a bit. The downside slightly affected my reading because I had to go back a few pages to connect and regain the flow of the story.

The author used simple language, making this book an easy read with a seamless flow from the start to the end. One thing I certainly liked about the book is that the author provided a working link to words, phrases as well as sites and ancient issues related to the people of Voulhire. The book features well-developed characters. The author introduces the readers to each character with a detailed description of their personalities.

I am glad to rate We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz four out of four stars. I did not drop even a single star because the storyline is captivating and well-executed, and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I did not find any typos or grammatical errors, meaning the book was professionally edited. I would recommend this book to adult readers, particularly those who enjoy historical science fiction. The book is unsuitable for minors since it features some sexual content and instances of profanity.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

adhambakry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adhambakry.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by adhambakry »

Thanks for the review! I've read the book and loved it! The we are Voulhire series is indeed addicting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”