Review by Delaney35 -- Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Review by Delaney35 -- Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Delaney35 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lingering Poets" by Logan Lamech.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech is a dive into the mind of a mailman named Samuel. He went through a nasty divorce and was stuck in the depths of depression. He had once dreamed of being a writer. However, his desire had been pushed to the side because he was afraid of chasing his dream. Instead, he imagined what was in each package he delivered and invented the person that was receiving it. His daydreams were nothing more than that until he invented a story that seemed to be true. Samuel’s life as a mere mailman could be over if his hunch turns out to be correct; this causes him to turn back to an old friend from his past who was about to get out of jail. Samuel, if correct, would be part of intercepting a large sum of money from a notorious drug dealer.

The writing was most excellent and was my favorite part of this novel. Lamech managed to capture the feel of Samuel’s depression without dragging the narrative down a dark path. The book was filled with poetic descriptions and enlightening truths of life that brought a surprisingly optimistic tone at times. It did not downplay the struggle that Samuel was going through. It was extremely well balanced.

The grammar of this book was also excellent. It appeared to have been professionally edited.

The only part I disliked was the pacing of this book. At times, the action was nonstop, and the pages flew by. However, there were times when the characters seemed to be doing nothing at all. The pacing was not a large problem. There were just a few scenes that felt like filler.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The minor pacing issues were not significant and were more than made up for by the overall engaging story. Lamech managed to bring a diverse cast of characters together to create a compelling read. There is profanity, violence, and sexual content throughout the novel. If such content is unsettling to you, I would not recommend this book to you. I would also only recommend this to mature readers because of the content and liberal use of profanity throughout the novel. This book is perfect for readers who enjoy a mix of crime, action, and philosophy. This book captures not only the action-packed world of organized crime but questions the meaning of life.

Lingering Poets
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”