Review by Laurina_Olowo -- Peter and the Parachute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laurina_Olowo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Review by Laurina_Olowo -- Peter and the Parachute

Post by Laurina_Olowo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Peter and the Parachute" by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt like you were not good at something everyone can do easily? Have you been in a place where everyone seems to know how to use a particular tool except you? Do you have kids with low self-esteem and who cannot seem to muster enough self-confidence? Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning has got the answers and the solutions for you in Peter and the Parachute.

Peter is a beautiful eagle who cannot muster enough courage to use his wings. Just looking at the distance from his nest to the ground looks scary. His mom tried to nudge and encourage him, but his fears and doubts have a firm grip on his young heart. Would Peter let go of his destiny as a powerful eagle due to fear?

This book reminds me of how we give excuses so that we do not do that thing that scares us. We keep bringing up different excuses, but just like Peter's mom said, “doing is how we learn." You don't need to have it all figured out before starting, just start!

Sometimes we are so convinced by our doubts that we cannot amount to anything, we even justify the feeling by saying not everyone has to be good at everything. But is that true? Or out doubts are just louder than reason?

One lesson I will not forget from this book is that the push you need to overcome your fears to succeed will come from inside you, not from what people say or do but a decision from within you. That decision will kick you up and get you moving towards your goal.

There is also a powerful lesson for parents. Not all our children have the same abilities or grow at the same pace. Be a supportive parent who encourages your child to become better. Never make a child feel bad because he can not do what his peers are doing.

The book contains beautiful illustrations that would engage and inspire children. There was nothing I dislike about the book. I would rate Peter and the Parachute four out of four stars due to the reasons I mentioned above. I found no typographical errors and no grammatical errors. There were no profanities or sexual scenes. I recommend for children age six and above and to parents who want to teach their children self-confidence.

Peter and the Parachute
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”