Review by Nelson Reviews -- Puzzle of Fate

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nelson Reviews
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-reviews.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei
fav_author_id: 77547

Review by Nelson Reviews -- Puzzle of Fate

Post by Nelson Reviews »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Puzzle of Fate" by A. Reza Kamarei.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Honestly, I never thought there will be a time in my life when I will read a book that literally fixes the chasms left towards the anticipation of fate. Well, everything changed the day I laid my arms and thoughts on Puzzle of Fate, by A. Reza Kamarei. It is a non-fiction novel imbedded with knowledge and theories, to make readers understand fate and its assumptions from all walks of life.

Reza takes the readers on a trip to gather all fate related information, in all spheres of life. Firstly, he lined up 7 books, written by different authors (the selected books are summarized to about 100 words from each book). I believe his major interest is to make readers understand other people's thoughts about fate. Additionally, he lined up 68 quotes! All are about fate, then he smartly blends into his definition of fate by tabulating what he named: the six groups of factors. Genetic make-up and the Environment are among the factors elaborated.

The author made me understand that genes determine our fate before we are even born. For example, people living with Down's Syndrome, their fate was determined by their parents' genes during conception. Under the Environment, the author talks about social-economic status, technology access, racial discrimination and sexual discrimination (just to mention a few). In the closure remarks of each factor, the author enlightens how these factors alter fate. Although these factors were written to make readers comprehend fate, I think some of them are a little wordy (this did not make me dislike the whole tale though).

The first-person narrative style (which Reza Kamarei used to author major plots), vividly transformed my environment. I felt like Reza was sitting in the opposite place towards me each time I read. This made the reading even more overwhelming. Technically, this book is well-edited (although minor errors were observed) and it is written in simple terms. Grammatically, it was so easy to understand! Which helped me follow the tale without losing track of plots. It's due to these reasons why I can't rate this book with anything less than 4 out of 4 stars.

Lastly, this book would be enjoyed by whoever takes interests in flipping its pages. Regardless of their religion, norms and beliefs. I believe the author intend to enlighten different perspectives from all walks of life towards the understanding of fate. Furthermore, I recommend it to lovers of theory, research, analysis and science. The novel has no scenes of profanity nor vulgarity but, I think it is suitable for readers aged 18 and above; due to the details of biological science.

Puzzle of Fate
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :reading-6:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”