Review by Magnify3 -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Review by Magnify3 -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Magnify3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos is a book written for Children. It tells the story of an unnamed protagonist who encounters a singing goat on his way up a mountain. The goat offers him bread and water. It also advises him to do as he wishes but plan before time. The protagonist eats the bread but uses the water to irrigate the land. This is helpful for it helps the grass to grow, which feeds his cow. The cow now gives him milk. So begins a process of trading.

Siamak Taghaddos is the founder of multiple companies, including Grasshopper, Chargify and Superfat. He wrote the book to plant the seed of entrepreneurship in children.

The book has 21 pages that are filled with illustrations and rhyming text on each page. Each text is about a sentence long. The illustrations are simple and cartoon-like. Although the illustrations are colourful, I noted the backgrounds were mostly light grey and cream. This made the characters stand out as they had more colours.

I liked the idea of singing, kind and wise goat. This can be fascinating to children. The key advice is to plan before time, as nothing can be left to chance in life. If children can learn this at an early age, it can help them immensely.

The book teaches children that mountains which are life’s difficulties are to be faced with the knowledge that something good can come out of it like the singing goat. Therefore, they should make use of every given opportunity. Whatever is given to them has a purpose. Nothing is insignificant. Even if it may not seem helpful to them, it may be useful to another person. There is nothing wrong with trading.

This book is rated 4 out of 4 stars. It is professionally edited and has no profanity. I find nothing to dislike about the book. I recommend it to children aged 5 to 8 as well as their parents.

The Mountain and The Goat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: The Miracle by James M. LeBlanc

Post by Elvis Best »

I read this children's book some time ago and loved it. Thanks for your lovely review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

lavenderbooks20
Currently Reading: Everyday Sexism
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavenderbooks20.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by lavenderbooks20 »

This children’s book is infused with so many practical lessons that younger audience could pick-up. Thanks for this wonderful review.

rahilshajahan
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

20 sentences all of them laced with a powerful moral. Thanks for an insightful review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright

aaurba
2019 Reading Goal: 48
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: Of Zots and Xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaurba.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by aaurba »

I have read this book, and I also rated this four out of four stars. I learned from your review the companies that Siamak Taghaddos has founded.
don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade

NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

What a wonderful theme for a children's story! I've read more reviews of this book and they have all been very positive. This must be a gem of a book. :) Thank you for your insights!
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:

LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Tales of Little Lady M by Diego Di Mauro

Post by LuciusM »

Your review is detailed. I agree that the book will be of help to children. I was elated to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Magnify3
Currently Reading:

Post by Magnify3 »

Elvis Best wrote: ↑
31 Aug 2020, 03:37
I read this children's book some time ago and loved it. Thanks for your lovely review. Good job!
Thank you for taking time to read my review and make a comment. I really appreciate it.

Magnify3
Currently Reading:

Post by Magnify3 »

lavenderbooks20 wrote: ↑
31 Aug 2020, 06:12
This children’s book is infused with so many practical lessons that younger audience could pick-up. Thanks for this wonderful review.
Thank you for taking time to read my review and make a comment. I really appreciate it.

Magnify3
Currently Reading:

Post by Magnify3 »

rahilshajahan wrote: ↑
31 Aug 2020, 09:17
20 sentences all of them laced with a powerful moral. Thanks for an insightful review!

Magnify3
Currently Reading:

Post by Magnify3 »

aaurba wrote: ↑
02 Sep 2020, 05:45
I have read this book, and I also rated this four out of four stars. I learned from your review the companies that Siamak Taghaddos has founded.

Magnify3
Currently Reading:

Post by Magnify3 »

NDeMeer wrote: ↑
02 Sep 2020, 10:54
What a wonderful theme for a children's story! I've read more reviews of this book and they have all been very positive. This must be a gem of a book. :) Thank you for your insights!

Magnify3
Currently Reading:

Post by Magnify3 »

LuciusM wrote: ↑
04 Sep 2020, 07:04
Your review is detailed. I agree that the book will be of help to children. I was elated to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

You have summarized the lessons very well. Thank you for a great review!

Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 69
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Lightning Strikes Twice by Ric Frances

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a lovely book for children. I like the lesson of needing to plan ahead. Thanks for your wonderful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”