Review by Steven Samuel -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Steven Samuel
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steven-samuel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Review by Steven Samuel -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of...

Post by Steven Samuel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mattew Tysz continues his enchanting tale of Galen and his friends’, Rowan and Demitruis, adventure in this new addition to his series We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind. In a fierce battle with Lord Meldorath, Galen is absorbed into the world of Caromentis along with Meldorath and his allies, leaving his friends, Rowan and Demetrius in Voulhire. On arrival to Caromentis, Galen’s objectives changes as the King of Lullabies begins an invasion on Voulhire and only his sworn nemesis, Meldorath, can save all of Voulhire.

Meanwhile, Rowan and Demetrius dealing with doubt of Galen’s survival in Caromentis have to fight a battle on two ends; surviving the invasive force of the King of Lullabies and a persistent faceoff from Demetrius old enemy, Folcro. Will Galen be able to put aside his vengeance and work with Meldorath to save Voulhire? Will he be able to pay the cost of earning Meldorath’s loyalty and assistance? And will his friend survive long enough for him to return?

This steady paced book was a wonder and delightful entertainment to behold. Gradually unveiling his plot, Mattew Tysz captures the reader's attention with detailed description and well-structured suspense. The character development was entrancing as new details were unveiled of already established characters and appropriate development of new characters was established without deviation from the book’s plot. I came to like Angela for her archery skill and confidence, and Rhea for her intellect.

The book was well edited and I noticed no typographical or grammatical error. There were several twists and suspense in the book that I never predicted. There was never a dull moment while reading this book, I was always on edge, eager to see how the book progressed and actively engaged in their realistic conversations.

Besides the book’s captivating plot, I enjoyed the humor the character, Rowan, possessed even in dire situations. I would love to commend the author once more for such a nice book. It truly depicts fantasy and worthy of its genre. I award We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars, and would gladly recommend this book to all young adult readers who love fantasy and sci-fi novels. They will really enjoy it.

The book possesses lots of profane words and surprisingly, unlike other parts of this series, other characters were responsible for these profane words. The sexual contents in the book were minimal, nothing explicit was described. The book was also clear of religious biases and is suited for all religions.

We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”