Review by Sarah Tariq -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Tariq
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 60
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 96
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Sarah Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mountain And The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos is an interesting book that has the purpose of both entertainment and education for children. This 21-pages book (PDF format) is a perfect read for the children aged 3-7.

The author beautifully uses a poetic narrative to write this poem. The alliteration used in the poem is well-connected and rhythmic that rightly blends the story in it. The author shares this poem from a child’s point of view. The poem includes: a goat, a cow, a smith, a doctor, a father, and a child, who narrates his tale.

Once a child goes to the mountain where he finds a singing goat. He becomes happy when he sees the bread and water there. He eats the bread and waters the soil. The soil grows the grass, and he gives this grass to the cow to get the milk. He sells this milk to the smith, who gives him a pair of scissors. Then, he gives the scissors to the tailor who stitches a coat for him. Next, he gives a coat to the doctor who gives him glasses. After that, He offers these glasses to his father, who gives him lumber, and they both built a tree-house through this.

The theme of this book is to lead a purposeful life and to seize the opportunity that life throws at us. The author’s purpose to write this book is to develop a take-action mentality in children to progress in life. I like the author used simple vocabulary to convey his message to children. However, the theme of this book is a bit mature, and it needs the help of a mentor to get it fully grasped by the children’s little mind. I also appreciate the colorful illustrations that make this book more attractive to children.

One thing that I felt lacking in the book is that I didn’t find the representation of the boy in illustrations that narrates the whole story. I considered it like a gap that remained unfilled until the end of the book. Also, at the beginning of the book, I found the first phrase a little inconsistent in the sentence, which is “I ran and I ran— to the mountain I ran.” I think it could be more consistent if it were written like, “I ran, I ran— to the mountain I ran.” For this reason, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars as it could be improved further to make it more relatable to the theme of this book. Apart from this, the book is all out compelling.

I didn’t find any mistake in the book, so I can say that it’s professionally edited. The theme of this is very optimistic. The author advises children to get the full benefit of the opportunities they have at their disposal and built their dream life by taking small steps daily towards their goal. I recommend this book for children to develop goal-oriented spirit in them, and help them lead a successful life.

The Mountain and The Goat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Laura Bach
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 847
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-bach.html

Post by Laura Bach »

I understand your point regarding the narrator. That could've easily been improved. Thank you for this detailed review!

Sarah Tariq
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 60
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 96
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Sarah Tariq »

:|
Laura Bach wrote:
03 Sep 2020, 07:33
I understand your point regarding the narrator. That could've easily been improved. Thank you for this detailed review!
Thanks for commenting, Laura!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Tonika632
Currently Reading: Perfect.
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tonika632 »

This is a cute book that teaches a lot. I have read it, and I loved it! Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”