Review by klbradley -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and St...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
klbradley
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 98
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 32
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klbradley.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by klbradley -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and St...

Post by klbradley »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the United States. With over 40 million adults affected by the highly treatable disorder, it is surprising to learn that only 36.9% receive treatment. As I thought about these staggering statistics, I realized that a majority of these affected may be against treatment because they don't want to rely on daily medication or have to deal with inconvenient side effects, which is where Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide comes in.

Gustavo Kinrys, M.D., and Alexandra Gold, M.A., have developed a guide for those suffering from anxiety and stress. Their self-help guide is a quick-reference read that specifies certain vitamins, herbs, and nutrients that can be beneficial to treat ailments. At right at 150 Kindle edition pages, I found the book to be a light, easy read that I referred back to while considering dinner options to decide what herbs and nutrients I should include for my own specific conditions. Along with the introduction of precise foods, there is mention of special exercises and meditations that can give peace to the mind and project the appropriate amount of serotonin.

The book was exceptionally well-edited, I found no errors. My favorite thing while reading is that the two writers noted foods that already have the necessary vitamins, herbs, and minerals meaning there were several items I already had in my home to try. I also admired that they designated which foods and nutrients would help with which ailments, giving readers particular items to try to see results. There was nothing I didn't like about the book, as I found all of the information to be useful and something I would be willing to try.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide is an appropriate read for anyone interested in managing anxiety and stress. The language used is professional and direct, yet easy to understand and the instructions and tips seem easy to follow along with while reading.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide and am happy to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. This book received a high rating from me mainly due to the way the information was presented. The treatments were listed in an organized manner to correlate with ailments which made the book easily classified as a quick-reference guide. This is the type of book that is nice to keep around and refer back to when you're looking for some specific remedies. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking healthy coping mechanisms for anxiety and stress while being able to refrain from conventional medications.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”