Review by spirituallove -- How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
spirituallove
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirituallove.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by spirituallove -- How To Be Successful

Post by spirituallove »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is a self-help book designed to help entrepreneurs stay focused and motivated on their journey to success. McCoy shares inspirational true stories and conversations from interviews with a range of entrepreneurs from all walks of life who have pushed through struggles and emerged triumphant. This book is an easy read, the small nuggets of wisdom contained within each of its twenty-seven chapters effectively equip the entrepreneur to better handle the challenges that arise from leading a business from the ground up.

What I like most about How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader is the author’s strong emphasis on how crucial a role the mindset plays in determining where we eventually end up in life. I particularly like the way in which the author uses his own story of overcoming brain cancer as a way to educate readers that anything can be possible when we truly desire it. As the book progresses, McCoy consistently highlights that great success not only means great wealth, but also a balanced lifestyle and integrity of character.

Overall, I am pleasantly surprised by how much value I gained from reading this book. Given that I did not have very high expectations of another ‘self-help’ book, I found some really effective advice on how being successful doesn’t only happen when you reach your goal. McCoy’s approach to success is a holistic one, and this book offers helpful and practical tips on implementing daily habits, along with motivation and timeless wisdom from Biblical passages. I cannot find anything I dislike about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is an enjoyable page-turner. How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader is exceptionally well-researched and written in a straightforward no-nonsense style. The casual style in which the interviews with different entrepreneurs are presented creates a relaxed and conversational narrative. I could only notice one minor grammatical error, and this indicates that the book has been edited professionally.

McCoy’s How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader enlightened me to the idea that success is not only a destination to reach, but also may be viewed as an incremental journey over time. I would definitely recommend this book to all entrepreneurs and action-takers, whether they are just starting out on their journey, or are already on their path to success. I would hesitate to recommend McCoy’s book to those who are unwilling to embrace new perspectives on how success should be defined.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

I like the aspect of daily habits you have pointed out in this book. I really enjoyed your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”