Review by Devangi Malik -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Devangi Malik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devangi-malik.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Devangi Malik -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

Post by Devangi Malik »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under The Great Skies written by Matthew Tysz is a first class fantasy novel that welcomes the reader to dive into a very new magical world. The engaging and entertaining plot is set up to narrate the stories related to life of the people of kingdom Voulhire.

The plot opens with a young man trying to sneak out of his motherland in search of a peaceful and prosperous kingdom. His destination is the Kingdom of Voulhire being ruled by a humble and just king, Welhelm Arcolo. Galen, the young lead wants to leave the war prone Land of the Princes unnoticed. He is offered help from his uncle, who owns a forge in the beautiful city Megnum Caelum. Galen’s destiny is offering him a life full of adventure and wealth that he never dreamt of. Another character, Eldus Alderman who was formerly a judge in the capital city of Voulhire is sent to Hillport as the new Lord to fix the city by healing wounds and bringing the town to back to the prosperity it deserves. The town was shattered to pieces by the two predecessors. One was a powerful maze named Delehei Meldorath and the other one was a pedophile named Orlin, who was murdered by the former. So, the plot is filled with unexpected turns that make the book an interesting read.

Author Matthew Tysz has showcased a brilliant flow of events that becomes a monumental reason to admire the book. Mostly the story is narrated in first person perspective that adds up to easy understanding of emotions and facts. As the book is first installment from the series of nine books, the plot is not fully developed and we can expect much more waiting for us ahead. Also, the book is very well edited. I was not able to spot even a single grammatical error, which is like a cherry on the top.

The disturbing part of the story for some readers can be the description of the character of Lord Orlin. The vulgar words are not used very often and there are no sexual scenes highlighted in the book. A few of the profanities keeps popping up either to decipher a character or just for fun. Still, I would not recommend the book to minors. The book will surely become a good read for anyone who enjoys fantasy blended with a great description of origin of the story to every minute detail.

Keeping the whole description and my personal observation in mind, I would reward the book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is purely a fiction work, still it taught me the lesson of self-discovery and determination. I highly recommend reading the book and you will never regret it. Happy reading to all.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”