Review by AvocaDebo621 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AvocaDebo621
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by AvocaDebo621 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, by Matthew Tysz, is a spectacular start to the ongoing nine book series. We are introduced to the story's plot via the perspective of Galen Bray, who is leaving the constantly chaotic and corrupt Land of Princes in which he grew up. Because of his great uncle’s search for an heir to his blacksmith legacy, Galen makes his way to a small town called Magnum Caelum in the kingdom of Voulhire. A place which is currently flourishing and full of new opportunities. However, when observed closely we discover how the kingdom may not be as stable as it seemed at first. The reader is then given a comprehensive overview of the kingdom, the lords, mages, clans, cults, knowledge of the mysteries of the cosmos and the magic that comes with it.

Meanwhile, King Wilhelm is trying to protect the kingdom of Voulhire from the terror of the dark and powerful mage Meldorath. Even though the story is narrated from different point of views of Galen, King Wilhelm and several other characters, their plots merge flawlessly into a very compelling storyline.

The author creates a customized realm of ingenious fantasy, accompanied by a seamless plot, set in a beautifully detailed world. The author takes time to give the characters a very intricate emotional depth that binds the reader to the story's progression effortlessly.

The novel is very well thought-out and detailed considering it's seemingly short length of merely 145 pages. The author's brilliant use of adjectives and his richly detailed descriptions about the surrounding landscape leaves a permanent mark in the reader’s mind. This also happens to be my favourite part about the story. I also really liked the balanced mood of the plot as the use of humour amidst the sombre storyline was very refreshing and enjoyable.

I will recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a fantasy book with an entirely new customized world. However, there are some profanity, explicit themes, and violence in the story, so this book isn't for the young readers.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars! It seemed like the book is professionally edited because I did not find any typos or grammatical errors. It is well formatted and the vocabulary is sophisticated. I enjoyed reading the novel because of the sheer imaginative pleasure it gave me. I often gasped and held my breath, anxious to find out what would happen next. The plot twists were surprising, and justified the sequence of events immensely. Tysz successfully created an enthralling story that I am eager to follow through till the end.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

poojkapadia
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 90
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poojkapadia.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by poojkapadia »

I enjoy reading fantasies. I read the book and agree with you about the character building process employed by the author to smoothen the story's progress. Great review!

lavenderbooks20
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavenderbooks20.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by lavenderbooks20 »

I’ve read this book and I agree, the author is great in world-building. The descriptions were vivid and highly imaginative. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”