Review by Pencemike167 -- Guardian of Deceit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pencemike167
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pencemike167.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Review by Pencemike167 -- Guardian of Deceit

Post by Pencemike167 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The would revolves around. Positivity and negativity does the same. People meet new people, almost coincidentally, but some people's impact on our life tends to stay. Guardian Of Deceit by William H. Coles tells the story of a teenage orphan, travelling to his cousin's house, Luther Pinnelli, after a sudden illness that clung to his aunt. Luther Pinnelli is one of the best players in the NFL, but wasn't the best in parenting, and feels handling money to 17-year-old Darwin is unhealthy.

He tries to raise Darwin Hastings in his own self-acclaimed parenting that involves Darwin working hard for his money. Luther also denied Darwin of his allowance, his parents had left for him. The book further details how Luther would regularly take Darwin to illegal gambling games.

Fear and tension rises as Darwin learns some ugly truth about his cousin and feels ashamed of Luther's behaviour and was afraid of his own future. Darwin aspiration to become a doctor just like his mentor Dr. Adrian Malverne could take a new turn. Only one way to find out.

First, I would like to recall the author's creative and engaging writing style which leaves the readers stunned. And talking about the context of the book, it was concisely written in an engaging and entertaining perspective, which provoked different arrays of emotions, and was awesomely delivered by the book's plots.

The book stood out to be entirely feasible and progressively showed issues related and possibly, a situation associated with orphans. I'm happy to have a written picture of subjects like this. I loved the way the author portrayed the protagonist in the book, as Darwin was very smart, goal-oriented, intelligent, loving and caring. Although there was just was a flaw I felt the book had, the character development was great, but the author wasn't quite detailed about some plots.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as there was nothing I disliked from the book. The book seems to be professionally edited, because throughout my course of reading I noticed just a grammatical error. Further, the book was clear, understandable and it was readable. I won't forget to mention that the book contained some numberable use of non-borderline profanity. Based on the context of the book I would recommend this book to readers who loves reading books that are based on fiction. And also it would a great fit for teenagers above 16.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”