Review by Bergahitaxxxxla -- The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bergahitaxxxxla
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bergahitaxxxxla.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Review by Bergahitaxxxxla -- The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Bergahitaxxxxla »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Uri and Lara, now husband and wife, are once again summoned by the FBI to aid the investigation of a ferocious attack on a mall in Beverly Hills that killed over a hundred civilians. There they find out that the situation is worse than they imagined as they further discover the infiltration of all the communication networks and satellites of the Homeland Security and even the Department of Defense. As the story develops, the terrorists made another bold attack when they hijacked both the Federal Reserve and Chase Manhattan Banks.

As they explore deeper on the case, they find out the real intention of the terrorists, and as they dig further, all the leads that they gather point to a Date Farm in Iran. Uri and Lara need to face the same old enemies and retrieve what the terrorists have stolen and eliminate the people who are responsible for the brazen attacks.

The Date Farm was another thrilling and action-packed masterpiece from Jack Winnick. Although this book was the fourth installment in the Lara and Uri series, it could stand on its own.

What I liked best in this book was its astounding fast-paced and enthralling plot. I was once again in awe with the author's smooth execution of the plot. Another thing that I liked in this book was the development of the main characters, especially Lara. I loved that the author showed us a more badass Lara in this new installment of his series. Moreover, I also liked the dynamic of Lara and Uri’s relationship and their teamwork in this book better than the previous one. Furthermore, the author’s attention to detail was also remarkable.

While I appreciated the author giving highlight to the antagonists, I did not like how he made them look like a total fool at the latter part of the story. Additionally, I would’ve preferred it if he presented a more in-depth reason in this book as to why the terrorists hate the US and Israel because compared to the last book in this series, the motivation behind the terror attacks was less pronounced in this book. Other than that, I did not found any other fault in this book.

Overall, I had a great time reading this book. The action scenes were brilliant, and there were a lot of scenarios that I imagined would look cool on the big screen. I also enjoyed the new technologies that the author showcased in this book. Finally, I would give this book a rating of 3 stars out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to everyone, especially to readers who enjoy fast-paced plot and action thrillers.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”