Review by Itssuchyhere_18 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arri...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Itssuchyhere_18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itssuchyhere-18.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Review by Itssuchyhere_18 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arri...

Post by Itssuchyhere_18 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" is a book written by Matthew Tysz is the first out of nine books in the We Are Voulhire series. It is a story that focuses on somewhat a modernized medieval time where no dragon is present but men in armor, people with special abilities, and realms or worlds outside our own do exist. A story that consists of Kings, Lords, Mages, Priest, and people of different social statuses, from prostitutes to blacksmiths and even Saints, A story full of excitement as it lets you dive into a world more knowledgeable than the usual depiction of the medieval era.

As I read through the pages, I caught myself deeply fascinated with the story, to a point where I longed for more when reaching the end of the first book out of the series. It is quite the cliffhanger when I reached the ending, I wanted more and as a reader, I give a round of applause to the author for he held me captured in this fictional world that seemed so real, though words do not easily capture me and books don’t easily capture my sense of imagination and put me into the book’s made-up world.

As a reader, I give more credit to the author Mr. Matthew Tysz for taking his time to either get the book professionally proofread or having it proofread by himself. I saw no grammatical nor punctual errors that would be a nuisance while reading the book which I very much appreciate as a reader and reviewer and I would also like to also state how brilliant of an idea it is to not only combine the medieval era with the knowledge, we in the modern times have acquired throughout the ages that have passed; who would have thought to bring together into dialogue the explanation of how magic works with physics and how the analysis of a piece of rock can be in the likeness of someone having OCD with their minds running basically a thousand times faster than a normal person. I really appreciate how I didn’t really see that possibility for this book, I loved the unexpected factor within the text.

I would definitely recommend this book for readers of Ages 18 and above, though it has scenes and dialogue in relation to prostitution, sexual kinks, and whatnot I think those are to be expected within a book based in the medieval times where most of those things did happen within said the era. I do believe that readers would very much enjoy this book for it does not only capture how the medieval times were but it also put on a twist to that era by mixing in modernized and innovative aspects within its texts.

I would definitely rate this book the highest I have rated any book, I would have to give this book a 4 out of 4 stars rating for its brilliance and how I really saw myself trapped in this fictional world, fascinated with mages and their abilities and how Lords make up their decisions for their own people, I really thought I was a part of this world, living each second within each scene of the book and that is a rare gift that only a few authors have, the power to make a reader captured by one’s storytelling.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for reviewing. This book sure is good, but I think it contains more profane words and sex jokes than the others. I guess it can't be helped, since it is the character's feature, after all.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”