Review by bjoly2 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bjoly2
Currently Reading: Never Eat Alone
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bjoly2.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Review by bjoly2 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by bjoly2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD, is a field guide to natural ways for someone to find relief from everyday anxiety and stress. Kinrys covers many aspects of natural treatment, from herbal remedies and nutrition to relaxation techniques and wellness apps. While anxiety and stress management are not new concepts, this book is unique in its consolidated approach to natural remedies. Each explanation is succinct, with none lasting more than 1-2 pages, which makes the ideas approachable. The book also includes tables at the end for quick reference, which can serve as a summary if time is short.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was a well-edited book that can be a useful guide for individuals struggling with anxiety and stress who want to relieve their symptoms naturally. As someone who struggled with anxiety, the coping mechanisms recommended in this book align with recommendations from many sources I used in my journey. I would have appreciated the consolidation of concepts in a book like this at the time of my research!

I like that the author makes it realistic for people to manage their symptoms and feel better without resorting to pharmaceutical solutions. Medication is so prevalent when a person presents with anxiety and stress that this book was a refreshing change of pace from the usual narrative.

My favorite part about this book is that it doesn’t dig into the scientific world too heavily. It’s truly a practical guide for someone who wants to pick up a book and take action, without spending several pages explaining the science behind each solution. The cognitive distortions section was also extremely beneficial as many people who struggle with stress and anxiety often have trouble recognizing they’re suffering from one or many distortions.

The part of this book I liked least is the section on technology-based therapies. Many of the options discussed, like virtual reality, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and biofeedback are administered by medical professionals and are therefore not as practical as the recommendations of exercise or yoga. The section felt a bit out of place in comparison to the rest of the resources suggested. While interesting to understand, I don’t know that many people looking for at-home solutions for anxiety and stress will seek out those types of therapies.

I believe this book will be of great value and interest to adults who have had experience or are still struggling with stress and anxiety. The reference style of the book is easy to understand and simple to implement. I believe people who have sought medical advice before and been told to medicate will find this guide a more natural means to less stress and anxiety.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

I suffer from severe anxiety and sometimes it becomes difficult to deal with. Sometimes I have anxiety about having anxiety and I don't like to use substances to deal with my problems. Thinking this book could be of great help to me and some other people I know. Great review.
Nemzy Nemzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemzy-nemzy.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nemzy Nemzy »

Gustavo Kinrys' natural relief for stress and anxiety has become an essential part of my self-care routine.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”