Review by Gail32 -- Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gail32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gail32.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Review by Gail32 -- Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by Gail32 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Spirit of the Season" by Brian Lamont.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The story was heart warming, quite and simple.When I first started to read this book , I was intrigued as to where the story was leading.

I felt like I was part of the story, the cold winter nights without candles and fire to heat up their cold skin, the agony that the candle maker was experiencing because of his great loss.

Spirit of the season by Brian Lamont is a descriptive story, easy to read and fun to figure out as the chapter goes with great description.

In the middle chapter, I felt that the story is about giving without expecting something in return, forgiving, forgetting, pursuing one's dreams and worked on it.

This story will teach you that it's okay to be hurt, it's okay to cry, it's okay to be yourself without being afraid of others judgment. The story will teach you to rise above yourself, get out of your comfort zone and do what you love.

It is somehow reminds me of father christmas. Perfect for a holiday reads, a great story to tell to the young ones.

It's a tale for a winter's night especially Christmas Eve, I love this it's great for all ages.

I recommend this book to be read by children with the supervision of an adult. I give this story a rate of 4 out of 4 because I was smiling while reading it.

There's a sad line in the story wherein the candle maker asked the doctor if his baby ever saw the light, oh! it was heart-wrenching.

I think from that moment, the candle maker made a decision to bring smile on every people's face, to warm and touch the heart of people, to give light when life seems so dark, to make every children happy.

And so, christmas in everyones heart was born, because of that great candle maker who never stops giving little ways to the hearts of many.

The candle maker strongly believed that kindness and love is free, and it should be given, not asked.

What a great influence to share with everyone.

Spirit of the Season
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”