Review by _angela27 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
_angela27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela27.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by _angela27 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by _angela27 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is an autobiography that encompasses Newbery’s riches to rags life as a ruined businessman, professional athlete, and many other titles. Even as a young child, Newbery was all about business, making money from delivering newspapers, selling ice cream, and bussing tables. After dropping out of high school at 16, he was already making huge steps to becoming a successful entrepreneur. With his diligent mindset, Newbery could accomplish anything he put his mind to. A few years later, after dabbling with professional cycling, Newbery stepped into the real estate world. Soon enough, he had built up a real estate business that owned over 4,000 apartments across the United States. However, his success was short-lived, as an ice storm in Columbus, Ohio severely damaged his most valuable property. After losing everything he had earned since delivering newspapers as a child, Newbery crashed and burned and lost hope of recovery. Nevertheless, he pushed through this “burn zone”, coming out the other side a better, wiser man.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was extremely well-written and encompassed many global issues that are still prominent today, such as racism, especially against African Americans. I also did not notice a single typo or grammatical error in the book, and it was professionally edited. I especially liked the character development that was present throughout the book. I enjoyed watching Newbery’s character grow as a person as he fought through the biggest “burn zone” of his life. It was especially inspiring to see how he did not give up no matter how hard it was or how much he wanted to.

There was nothing I particularly disliked about this book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and following Newbery’s life as he faced challenge after challenge, always triumphing in the end. I wouldn’t rate this book anything lower than 4 out of 4 stars as it was exceptionally written.

I would recommend this book to practically anyone. This memoir is captivating and will attract a variety of audiences. There is no specific audience I would recommend this book to, however, if you enjoy reading about other peoples’ lives or are interested in the business world, I would highly suggest picking up Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands. Newbery’s life is far from boring and there are countless life lessons that I gained from reading his book.

Overall, I am so glad I decided to read Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery. I was so captivated I read it all in two sittings. Newbery’s narrative grabbed my attention from the very first chapter. It was a great read and I hope Newbery’s wisdom will be shared with countless more readers.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”