Review by Tan TR -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tan TR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tan-tr.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by Tan TR -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Tan TR »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a story about an adventure that starts in the mountains. The reader will discover all the different characters in the story. Each leads them to the next, building a flowing progression that resembles modern-day life. From running in the mountains, to building a tree house. A fun, simple story that is both easy to follow and to learn from.

“There I saw a goat who sang and sang.” The words in the book have a soft rhythm to them, which adds value to the story and the messages behind it. It is well-written and beautifully drawn. It is made with bright colors that can catch the attention of children.

The Mountain and The Goat portrays transparent characters such as the smith, the tailor and the doctor. However, it also shows that each interaction is about giving and taking. This can be seen in the following words, “The milk I gave to the smith. The smith gave me scissors.” I find it important for children to learn to also think about others, even in the simplest of interactions.

The thing I enjoyed the most about this story was the various messages hidden within the pages. It shows the progression of life and that to reach your goals you need to build on previous achievements. It is important for children to learn these messages and colorful adventures are a great way to do so.

Siamak Taghaddos brings modern fables to life. He finds inspiration from his own experiences and wishes to teach children the tidbits of wisdom he found. I could, therefore, find nothing I disliked about the book. I rate this book with a well-deserved four out of four stars. And I had to give it a full score because it was well-written, it had great artistic design and meaningful wisdom to teach. What else could you want from a children’s book?

Furthermore, I would recommend this book to anyone with kids at home or with kids in their life. It is apt for children of all ages. And it is a great way to spend time with them as they learn a few things too.

The Mountain and The Goat
View: on Bookshelves
Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Post by Rashida10 »

I like that this book does not only teaches a useful lesson but also gives the reader an easy-to-understand platform. Thanks for sharing your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”