Review by Lina-Hammami -- An Imperfect Crime

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lina-Hammami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lina-hammami.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Lina-Hammami -- An Imperfect Crime

Post by Lina-Hammami »

[Following is a volunteer review of "An Imperfect Crime" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Authors exert every single feasible chance in hand to get their words heard. And the case of Alister Brown and Peter Simpson wasn't different. The two youth writers who got their works rejected over and over again were anguished enough for them to set a plan for the exemplary crime.

The two friends set a roughly perfect murder. Aiming for prominence, Simpson emerged to the judge as a cold handed murderer of his friend, Alister Brown. The crime scene was almost perfect, maybe a little more than accustomed. While this lit a shadow of doubt in the detective Lori Sanchez's path, nobody sounded to ratify Simpson was anything but a criminal, a serial killer responsible for the disappearance of three more women and therefore was sentenced to death.

The drama he schemed with his supposedly killed friend Allister Brown was breaking down when the communication between them was all at once disconnected. With the disappearance of Brown and the fiasco of Simpson to elucidate how everything was a play to get their books published, Simpson was executed.

After Simpson died in front of his priest, Father Montero and detective Sanchez coordinated to manifest the truth. From that point on, Fred G. Baker told the story behind An Imperfect Crime. The desperation that led to a real calamity had a bigger story playing behind the scenes.

Proceeding with the chapters of this book was more than a charm for me. The author could astutely succeed in hooking the reader's attention with the tangled incidents and the profundity of details. The book held a set of unexpected drama, and the seemingly explicit crime told a much bigger story.

I was perplexed by the book's unforeseen plot. It already began with a discriminatory idea that I've never encountered before, moreover, it turned to take an unlooked-for side. It was the kind of a book that it would be a misfortune to fail to complete in one sitting.

However, I think some of the descriptive parts were intense for me. The depiction of violence was somehow drastic that it should be readen with caution. Kids and weak-hearted people will not enjoy particular chapters of the book.

Generally, although I could only skim some of the intense sections, I reckon that it couldn't be discarded for the sake of the plot. I understand that the story was a realistic reflection of our world, and therefore, I delightfully rate this book a perfect 4 out of 4 score. The author wanted to narrate the story of an imperfect felony that had helmed to a catastrophe when the only exculpation key had petered, and for sure he nailed it.

An Imperfect Crime
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilj.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by LiLj »

It sounds like a really good book, especially how there is an unforeseen plot, I might have to pass on this book though because of the violent scenes. Thank you for your great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”