Review by david isaji -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David Isaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-isaji.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review by david isaji -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by David Isaji »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray, a young man from the war bound Lands of the Princes, is presented with an opportunity to have a fresh start in a magnificent and more peaceful land known as Voulhire. His deceased uncle - Galen Onita, who was the blacksmith in the town of Magnum Caelum, had chosen him to be his successor in the blacksmith business and also inherit all the wealth he had left behind. He embarks on a journey to Voulhire. On arrival, his uncle's executor- a young man by the name Rowan, plays a big role in helping him settle in. This makes the two build a solid relationship as friends. The land of Voulhire was a beautiful kingdom ruled by king Wilhelm. This land is full of people with supernatural powers. In one of the towns of Voulhire known as Hillport, a very powerful and feared sorcerer who was perceived dead makes a secret plan for his comeback. He forms an allegiance with a terrorist group and together they draw a plan to attack the town.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is a thoroughly readable and enjoyable fantastical novel authored by Matthew Tysz. It is the first book in the We are Voulhire series, which is a series of nine books. This book is action-packed and covers a wide range of themes that are often experienced in present-day societies.

The author did a great job in the entry book of this series. The plot was well developed and so interesting that it made me deeply engrossed in this book. Once I started reading this novel I did not pause until the very end. This is one of those stories that a reader can hardly predict what is about to happen next. The characters are very realistic and relatable. As a reader, you can feel all the emotions that each of the characters is going through.

I liked how at the beginning of the book there is a map of Voulhire which plays a very important role in helping a reader draw the right mental pictures about all the geographical locations mentioned in this book. I cannot fail to acknowledge that Matthew Tysz is a very talented author because this novel is a very exceptional body of work. There is nothing I disliked about this book.

There were a few grammatical errors in this book, but they did not hinder the flow of the story. With that said, I do not have a solid reason for taking away any stars from my ratings. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who loves reading books that have characters with supernatural powers like sorcerers.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The Holy Grail
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-holy-grail.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by The Holy Grail »

The author did do an amazing job with this first introduction into the series. I immensely enjoyed the book. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”