Review by joenduga12 -- The Secrets To Living A Fantast...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joenduga12
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joenduga12.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Review by joenduga12 -- The Secrets To Living A Fantast...

Post by joenduga12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life..." by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Secrets to Living a Fantastic Life: Two Survivors Reveal the 13 Golden Pearls They've Discovered is a bio-innovative journal of life written by Dr. Allen Lycka and Harriet Tinka, that is full of moral lessons about how they faced life-threatening adversities but recovered from their debased, emotionally, traumatizing conditions and discovered the secrets of living a fantastic life.

Dr. Lycka has, for over 30 years, excelled in the medical industry and is known as a world-renowned leader in the fields of cosmetic surgery, dermatology and skin health. He was wrongly diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) with only six months to live. This death sentence devastated Dr. Lycka, so he put up a hard fight by trying to prove the doctor wrong. He eventually did, and was helped by another doctor. The co-author, Harriet Tinka, is a former role model, who was attacked by her male schoolmate at the University of Calgary, who abducted and beat her, leaving her half-dead. She ended up in the hospital nearly crippled.

Both authors managed to survive their ordeals and learned valuable lessons from experience, which, as commonly said, is a great teacher. They shared in this book the ‘13 Golden Pearls’ they had learned. They believe that a person can lead a fantastic life if he tries to apply these pears in his or her life. The 13 chapters of the book proved to be of real value just like golden pearls. The discussions of love, attitude, thankfulness, forgiveness, tenacity, victory, vulnerability, etc in this book are well garnished with the many quotations and story tales incorporated nearly at the beginning of every chapter. This profoundly made the contents of the book well-founded.

This is the best inspirational book of moral values I have ever read. The way those chapters were parked with intriguing illustrations, stories, and quotations from world renowned figures was breathtaking! I was also really carried away with the conversational style of the two authors, expressing themselves and nicely tying in with good senses of humor. This made me picture myself in their presence as I listened attentively to their words that backed up with many years of experience.

Another thing I like about the authors and feel I should mention is the fact that they were very flexible. Instead of dogmatically focusing only on their subject, they resorted to including events that were happening around them. For example, towards the conclusion, they acknowledged that Covid-19 was spreading during the time they were concluding their writing of this book, and that the virus was gripping the human race in wide-spread panic. This matched well with the point made in the bonus Golden Pearl chapter entitled, ‘Fear.’ They include some ethical trends and advice on how one could prevent himself by regular hand-washing and keeping social or physical distance in order to ‘flatten the curve.’ This makes readers quickly related.

I found nothing negative about this book. It is unusually well-edited, and there is no use of abusive language, which makes it suitable for people of all ages. Therefore, I am really glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of how well it is structured and how simple it is written. No noticeable grammatical error or typos at all.

The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Call of the Couch
Bookshelf Size: 450
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Victoria's War by Catherine A. Hamilton

Post by kdstrack »

I appreciated your list of the topics that the authors discuss in their book. I am curious to know how they met. Their positive attitude would be valuable for so many people going through hard times. Thanks for the recommendation!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”