Review by lfm1223 -- Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lfm1223
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lfm1223.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by lfm1223 -- Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by lfm1223 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rescued" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rescued is a western murder mystery written by E. Alan Fleischauer. It is the first book in a series that follows the heroic John Thurgood Thomas. The story opens with JT waking up in a cave as a wagon full of captured women stumble across his camp. JT feels he must free them and bring their abductors to justice. Unraveling the mystery, and leading with his heart will guide him on a thrilling adventure. It also brings him many losses. He finds himself on trial for a murder he didn’t commit. Will him being a good guy and following his gut prove to be enough to convince a courtroom of his innocence?

What I liked the most was the page turning, action-packed adventure. It had everything a good western story should have. There were shoot-outs, bank robberies, the guns, the gold, and everything else you could think of. There was plenty of mysteries to unravel and activity to keep things interesting. It definitely entertained me from beginning to end. I also loved that it was a quick read. It took me about a day and a half, but it could easily be read in a couple of hours. Especially if reading is the only thing on your agenda.

What I disliked the most was how there were a couple of unresolved narratives in the story. Additionally, it would have been nice to have a little more backstory for the main character. Such as, why and what made JT such a “good egg”? A term I felt the author overused in the book. Also, where did he get all of his money from? It was a good story, but some of the things could have been expanded and explained a little more. It was refreshing to see a man written in a story as a true good-guy, just curious as to what in his past made him a good-guy.

I think this story will be good for many types of readers. Those who are religious might want to skip it. It contains profanity, violence, and suggestive themes. Those who are not swayed by those things will enjoy this quick read. Fans of mystery, westerns and love stories will profit most.

With all of these things being said, I am giving this story a 3 out of 4. I would give it four stars, but I found a couple of errors. Otherwise, I think it was great. It was well-written and very entertaining. It had love, mystery, and captured the true western essence. I am looking forward to the JT Thomas series. I think they will do well.

Rescued
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”