Review by Kanda_theGreat -- The Mountain and The Goat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Review by Kanda_theGreat -- The Mountain and The Goat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mountain and The Goat" by Siamak Taghaddos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos is a children's book that emphasizes on the culture of investing whatever we have. It reminds us of the desire to inculcate the art of saving in little kids so that they may be financially intelligent in their future lives. The author does this in a remarkable way that would leave your child not only intrigued but also provoked to consider making an investment as soon as he/she is capable of doing it.

At the beginning, the author introduces us to the narrator's encounter with a goat on the mountain. The goat then puts some bread and drink under the narrator's custody and asks her to invest in the food. How will the persona make an investment out of the food? How will she benefit from that investment?

The inclusion of illustrations is what I liked most about the book. Zachary Cain illustrated the message in every page with a picture that put the line in its immediate context. Considering the fact that the book is written in a poetic style, the illustrations complemented the economical use of words by emphasizing on the discourse. This then gave the book a holistic sense and enhanced its unity of meaning. The repetition of some words also added a sense of musicality by creating rhyme, which is rather unique from the traditional mode of narration.

I also liked the primary message emphasized by the author, which is basically making investments but never forgetting to help each other. There is nothing that I did not like about this book. It is professionally edited and does not contain any grammatical errors. I recommend it to parents who would want their kids to develop the art of saving at a very young age. The reason why this book is best read by a parent to his/her child is because some explanations would have to be made on some pages. I, therefore, wholeheartedly rate this book four out of four stars.

The Mountain and The Goat
View: on Bookshelves
Bet on Me! :idea:
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I enjoyed reading this book. Kids can learn a lot from this. Brilliant review!
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 22:58 I enjoyed reading this book. Kids can learn a lot from this. Brilliant review!
Thank you for commenting.💫
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

It seems like it would be a great book for children, both easy to understand and valuable. Very nice review!
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Olgamiell wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 07:30 It seems like it would be a great book for children, both easy to understand and valuable. Very nice review!
Thank you for passing by.💫
LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by LuciusM »

Saving in little kids for their better tomorrow. I liked reading your great review!
"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from all the miseries of life"
Momata
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Momata »

The book is great, your reviews are always great. Its recommendable for children
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I read this book some time ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for your lovely review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

LuciusM wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 11:39 Saving in little kids for their better tomorrow. I liked reading your great review!
Thank you for your kind words.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Elvis Best wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 17:29 I read this book some time ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for your lovely review. Good job!
Thank you for the comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”