Review by Anngladys -- Selling with Presence

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Review by Anngladys -- Selling with Presence

Post by Anngladys »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Selling with Presence" by Reggie Pearse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Reggie Pearse’s Selling With Presence: Use Your Personal Power To Close More Deals is a book about how to make sales, not by using manipulative techniques, but by enhancing one’s personal presence.

The author, Reggie Pearse, dives into several areas such as ways to improve your selling presence, behaviours and skills for presentations, personal branding and how to build and maintain a social media presence.

The author begins the book by drawing insights from watching a salesman help his daughter think through her options regarding some equipment that she was interested in. He observed how comfortable the salesman made his daughter, guiding her, giving her the information she needed and eventually watched his daughter buy more than she had planned to.

What stood out for me is the need for the salesperson to understand the needs of the buyer and to approach the sales conversation from that perspective. The salesperson should lead the conversation with the benefits that the buyer is likely to get from the goods or services on offer, as opposed to leading with statistics and other technical details. The author encourages the salesperson to consider the buyer's needs. He should then try to come up with solutions for the buyer rather than trying to sell his product or service. The salesperson should be honest about what his offer can and cannot do. He should be bold enough to walk away when he does not have a potential solution for the buyer.

This is not usually the case with many sales conversations. Many salesmen find it hard to put their customers at ease, let alone lead them into buying more than they had planned. It is usually hard to make the basic sales, not to mention getting buyers to take up up-sells. Many salespeople see potential buyers not as people, but as sales targets and commissions. This is normally very unproductive.  

This 139-page-book is divided into 7 chapters. Each chapter has various subtopics which delve into the subject with great resourcefulness. The book is written in a manner that is easy to read, understand and follow through.

I like that the author has shared examples of actual people in this book, beginning with his own experiences. He has also shared clear steps in which his recommendations can be implemented. The book’s content is also up-to-date with the times and, therefore, relevant and useful for readers. He incorporates many lists and checklists and this makes it easy to follow through and evaluate oneself. He also shares links to helpful websites and resources.

Apart from the slightly distracting ‘Archway Publishing’ watermark diagonally spread across the middle of every page, there is not a single thing I disliked about this well-written book.

I did not come across any errors. The book appears to have been professionally edited and formatted. For this reason, I give this outstanding book a rating of four out of four stars.

I would recommend this book to salespeople, people who want to build a strong personal brand, business people and those who find themselves in positions that require them to make presentations in front of groups of people. They will find this to be a resourceful tool that they can use time and time again to grow their personal brand, presentation skills, sales presence and businesses. I will definitely go back to it as a reference guide. 

Selling with Presence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”