Review by Reitumetse_R -- The Spirit of Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review by Reitumetse_R -- The Spirit of Want

Post by Reitumetse_R »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Spirit of Want" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Spirit of Want

The spirit of want by William H. Coles is a story of a woman, Lucy, who had a chance to have all the beautiful things as per most people: a family, good career, marriage, and a child. Rather, she chose to leave all that for an adventurous love and good sex she got from a church reverent.

She came from a well off family lead by a medical doctor. She was an adopted child and had a younger sister who was the family’s biological child. She, herself, was a practicing lawyer working in a good law firm and conveniently married to one of her father’s colleagues with whom she later had a daughter.

William H. Coles created a really beautiful story with a lot of relatable content and I couldn’t help but keep reading. He gave his main character everything that is normally longed for in life and then went on to make her choose the one thing that is mostly sacrifised in life, contentment. He put her contentment on one side, all supposedly good things on the other side and then made her choose. This created a roller coaster of emotions in me because I would hope for her to never have to choose between those but rather have one as a result of the presence of others. I found myself getting in her shoes and having a really difficult time.

I absolutely loved the book and I am already recommending it to everyone I know who loves reading. As a spiritually inspired person myself, I mostly enjoyed the parts that concentrated on the reverent and his missions. I loved the way they openly discussed spirituality, especially the conversations that included Lucy. I loved how she defied the “believing without questioning” stigma in spirituality. I, however, had a not-so-great time with parts that mostly concentrated on the medical aspects. William H. Coles went all out to give details of surgeries - in medical terminology. That did not resonate with me at all although I believe other people with even the slightest interest in medicine would enjoy.

The book is not just lovely but is also properly edited. I could only find two minor errors in the entire book. There also is zero level of profanity and no erotic scenes hence I recommend the book for just anybody who loves reading. I rate the book 4 out of 4 because I can not find anything I would want to remove from it.

The Spirit of Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Onyenwani 123
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyenwani-123.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by Onyenwani 123 »

BOOK TITLE: The spirit of want.
AUTHOR: William Coles
(A review compiled by Reitumentse-R)

I must begin by saying that, want is an insatiable desire. The account of Lucy in the story line only explains how Lucy got all the beautiful things: her family, good career, and marriage. Of course, it is everyone's desire to have good things of life.

Moreover, she was trained and well mentored by a medical doctor. She got married and had a daughter.

I think, the account of Lucy in this genre, is worth living. She lived a good life. Her desires were under control.

The reviewer pointed two minor errors, which are zero level of profanity, and no erotic scenes. I think, it is an error for this book to be erotic.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Good job.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Yeah, this book seems to be as you said: relatable. The title could not have been more apt. You did good, nice review!
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”