Review by Frances019 -- The Solution is Political Revolu...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Frances019
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frances019.html
Latest Review: calculation of love by H. Taft N. III

Review by Frances019 -- The Solution is Political Revolu...

Post by Frances019 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Solution is Political Revolution" by Jillion R Rising.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jillion R. Rising presents a question we should all ask ourselves: is the government doing the job it’s supposed to? What is truly motivating the politicians who pass our laws? In his book The Solution is Political Revolution, he tells us that the government is failing, its leaders are motivated by greed, and it’s up to the American people to fix the broken system that has stolen millions of entitlement dollars from our pockets that it can never pay back.

After reading this book, I changed how I think about the government and large corporations. It is all too easy to blindly trust in something that has been around for as long as I've been alive. However, this book has pointed out a huge flaw in the American government - the ever rising debt that seems to have no realistic solution in sight. Rising spells out how certain actions from commercial banks and the U.S. Government have ultimately screwed its citizens over, and how they will continue to do so if left unchecked. His solution is to have people think for themselves, support innovation, and work with fellow citizens to achieve a unified voice.

What I liked most about this book was the author's encouragement for people to think for themselves. He doesn't pass his own opinions as fact, and openly states that it is okay for people to disagree with him.

I also liked the effort the author took in explaining how the commerical banks and government are manipulating funds to cover their own tracks. I'll admit I have no background in finance, so the material was difficult to wrap my head around. However, Rising does his best to walk the reader through his explanations.

I didn't find any typos in this book, so it seems professionally edited.

What I disliked the most was the repetitiveness of his emotional appeal. I didn't mind this at first because reinforcement can sometimes be useful for getting a message across. However, towards the end I got tired of reading the same speech about how the U.S. Government has wronged us and we have to wake up and fix it.

I also felt emotionally invested in his message, but feel as if he didn't present a realistic solution to fix the problem. He proposes changes to the system but doesn't specifically state how we can get the ball rolling. Should I call and talk to the state govenor about issues I feel passionately about? Should I vote for the people whose platforms I can support? According to Rising, the whole system is flawed, so he probably would not encourage this. I'm also not sure achieving unity is possible, when so many American citizens refuse to see reason and seem perfectly fine staying in their little divided groups.

Ultimately, I give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. I gained a lot of valuable information from this book, and have an idea of where to go to start learning more about finances. The author suceeded in opening my eyes to more of the corruption that major banks and governments are capable of, and if nothing else I'll start watching and questioning their actions more closely. The repetitiveness of his appeal at the end combined with a lack of concrete steps we can start taking to fix the system kept me from giving this book a perfect rating.

I would recommend this book to any American citizen that wants a well-rounded education in banking or U.S. politics. Reading it provideds a valuable piece of the puzzle that you won't find in any textbook.

The Solution is Political Revolution
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

The title alone of the book piqued my interest, I am all for the idea of thinking by ourselves and to always question the system that is pushed upon us. I will always admire authors that are willing to try and educate the public about topics that they are passionate about, especially when it comes to politics. Great review, I am so happy to hear that you learned something thanks to this book, as that should always be the purpose of any author.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”