Review by Onyinye Excel -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Review by Onyinye Excel -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Onyinye Excel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Worldlines (A Many Worlds Novel) by Adam Guest is a fictional story about a scientific theory called -'The Many Worlds Theory'. This theory postulates that when events occur in a particular worldline, several possible outcomes of the same event happen in other infinite number of worldlines. A young man called Gary falls victim of this many worldline possibilities after he does something to his girlfriend in one of the worldlines. What will become of his fate? These and many more will be answered as you read this entertaining piece of a creative imagination.

This book had its moments. There were times it was extraordinarily educative. Other times, it was refreshingly mind blowing especially with the many worlds possibilities. These all contributed in making it a very entertaining piece worthy of further consideration in the scientific world. It also had a captivating plot. The author's creative skills were clearly expressed in the major plot of the story. These all contributed in making this story an amazing, unique, and exceptional compilation.

What I enjoyed most in the story was what Gary's father did for Cyrus (Gary's prison cell mate) many years before. His sacrifice touched my heart. My reason is that I'm someone that appreciates kind acts especially when they are sacrificially done for the good of others.

On a scale of 1 to 4, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give it a 3 because of its exceptional creative plot. The many worlds theory was mind blowing regardless of some few errors I saw in the book. I settled for a 4 because of the book's captivating and entertaining theme of endless possibilities.

What I disliked most in the story were the few errors I encountered in the course of reading this book. My reason is that they almost interrupted my reading flow on several occasions. I had to ignore some of them at a point because of the creativity in the story.

I recommend this book to university students, professors, scientists and lovers of fictional stories. This is because of the roles some of these people played in the main plot of this tale. More so, this book may not appeal to certain religious minds like Christians. This is because their religious beliefs may not allow them to entertain the many worlds theory. I also do not recommend this book to people who do not believe in lucid dreams. This is because there is a lot of it in this story.

The book had zero erotic content. This made it a healthy read worthy of recommendation to a wide audience. Generally, this was a captivating tale.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Nice, solid review on this fantastic book!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”